• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Storefront window perf material recommendation

CES020

We've had two requests for window perf just today and being new to printing, it's not something we've bought a roll of yet. We're ready to order a roll and I thought I'd ask a few quick questions in advance. First, the 3M versions all show a 1 Yr. lifespan. Is that realistic? The 2 customer requests have been for permanent type store front graphics to help keep people from seeing in during the day so easily. Is that 1 year number without the laminate? If so, does adding the laminate add a few years to it, or in general, is window perf known to be a short term product. It's quite expensive to be a temporary product, running over $2.25 a sq. ft for most of it not including the laminate.

Any recommendations on what's the best quality for the money in that area of materials? Also, which laminate would you recommend with the film you pick?

Thanks!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a product that's looks wayyyyy better then your traditional window perf imagine a window perf with a clear vinyl over the top of it. I can email you some pics of what it looks like, or you can use my standard perf but this new film looks really great for storefront. My perf and film prices are very aggressive also

Charlie J

I have a product that's looks wayyyyy better then your traditional window perf imagine a window perf with a clear vinyl over the top of it. I can email you some pics of what it looks like, or you can use my standard perf but this new film looks really great for storefront. My perf and film prices are very aggressive also

Post it up! Quit holding out on us.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Its not letting me post up pics for some reason but I can email you and maybe you can upload it for me.

satanoperca

Hi,

Putting an overlaminate on perforated window film will increase it's lifespan. I have had one year perf film up for 3 years and it is still 100%. You need to look at the environment that it is going in. Outside - how much sun light will get on it everyday, is it in a windy area, what are the quality of the inks, will it get vandalised etc.

There are several 3 year perf films out there also and none are designed as a permanent solution.

I personally do like overlaminates on this product as they reduce the clarity, viewing ability looking from the inside of the building out.

There is also a perf film that goes on the inside of the window. This product is fantastic and last 3 years or more, but if it get direct sunlight, how fast the print fades is solely reliant on the quality of your inks. Also note,l this product is difficult to find and is about x7 more expensive than normal perf film. I import it from a supplier O/S.

I am in Oz, so cannot recommend a supplier.

Hope that helps