• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

straighten this out

pablo11059

hi all

i was wondering if you all could point me in the right direction.

in the attached artwork, i scanned this graphic and as you can see the lines are not at all correct. normally i would just play with nodes for hours to get what i need. was wondering if there are any other short cuts you guys might be able to point out. i have obviously removed nodes and the such. just wondering if there is another aproach im missing. ie... is there a way to constrain a part of a curve and make the rest follow ? or.... there has to be another way.

thanks in advance

Attachments

• SMI.jpg
    SMI.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 108

animenick65

Is that what it looks like scanned, or vector art you derived from the scanned artwork? I personally would just produce it with the pen tool and get it the way I want/need. Are you using curves with your nodes and not just straight lines?

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
You will waste too much time fixing nodes. The curves can be drawn with ovals. Overlap them to match and use the knockout tool to remove the unwanted parts

I often get autotraced logos to fix and it is far easier to start from scratch.

pablo11059

thanks for reply

well first off im new not to computers but to vector art.

to first post i agree im not sure i have the ability to recreate this, i know its simple but not to sure how to even start.

( i have read a few books and lidya training but curves are hard for me to make for some reason) if i try to do by hand it comes out with the same or worse results

to second post yes i scanned and then vectorised it by way of adobe streamline, nodes are curves. the font would be removed and i would just replace that. but to clean up this mess ????????

J Hill Designs

draw three ovals and use the middle one to cut out the other two...2 minutes

ok the instructions weren't quite right, but the timing was fairly close...

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 94

pablo11059

j hill

not 2 min for me. lol im working on it.

i see making it new is much easier than spending wasted hours on nodes.

thanks 4 info all

cptcorn

adad
2 minutes. It's not exact... but its close.. and you could make it exact if you had 4 minutes. Should give you a good idea of what people are saying.

The text itself is just Times, and as you get more familiar, you'll pick that up... Or a few members on here will school you with their knowledge of typography.

Attachments

• smi.jpg
    smi.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 91