• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange patterns in prints

bossman

Hi everybody!

I've posted a picture of one of my prints. I'm getting these strange looking "drips" running through about twenty feet of my roll of vinyl. It's a new roll and I'm really thinking it's the vinyl (maybe the coating didn't wash evenly over the surface in production.)

Can anyone verify if they've seen this before and whether it may be the printer itself before I call freaking out on my distributor?

Thanks!

Attachments

• printproblem.jpg
    printproblem.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 139
Last edited by a moderator:

eazyED

i've run into something that looked something like that and it was the coating on the vinyl i was printing, found out the whole lot was bad

bossman

Yup - just talked with the distributor. Whole lot is bad. Just wanted to be sure it wasn't the printhead. We're running an older machine so I've been walking on pins and needles until I can get that thing replaced!

anotherdog

it's a shame the distributor doesn't chase down bad batches before they are used/laminated/installed.
and of course your "warranty" just covers replacing the roll.

looks like that used a lot of ink too.