• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange TEST PRINT

tsopis

Hi all,
I have a Roland VP-540. Have 3 printheads changed before 3 months. Cyan Magenta and Yellow
Yesterday i made a TEST PRINT and there is a strange issue on CYAN section.
IMG_20161007_151653.jpg
Could someone suggest anything to fix it?
Thanks

jfiscus

Rap Master
really, really looks like a damaged head that got dragged across screws. post up a photo of your capping station; I bet it has two screws in it.

tsopis

really, really looks like a damaged head that got dragged across screws. post up a photo of your capping station; I bet it has two screws in it.
Here you are jfiscus. Recent photo of my capping station.
roland_capping.jpg
(Sure its a joke)
I think that something happens with electronics. I swapped the cables of the printhead but the problem is the same.

kffernandez

lemme guess... you're using third party inks?
either way, from my experience, your cyan head looks damaged. bec of third party inks, or a cleaning solution soak push/pull gone wrong.

kelly

tsopis

This is how it looks like after swapping Cyan with Black
swaped-heads.jpg
Old cyan printhead is left, at black position. In better condition but still not straight lines at test print.

kffernandez

yes, you have just isolated the problem. which concludes that your cyan head is having problems. it looks like an electrical/ink flow issue.

you can try to keep printing on it, and hope that it resolves itself [unlikely] or just replace it with a new one. either way, i would be very cautious at this point since you still haven't identified what caused the problem in the first place. you did mention that you have just replaced heads recently, and need another replacement now which is very unusual for dx4 heads unless something is breaking them.

kelly

Mysigns4u

crazy print heads

My manifold had a small crack in it which happen while I was cleaning it, but even after I replaced the manifold on a good head the nozzle check never came back correct.
this was a clean nozzle print before service soon as I put the damper holder on it took out the nipple with little pressure yes I am using after market bordex.
I notice missing lines on next nozzle print. quickly replaced manifold but ended up with deflection and more. hahah me an my printer xj where crazy so we get along

very touchy stuff but keep strong.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I'm curious how people let their printer print with the nozzles looking like the black nozzle test? Isn't there some sort of cleaning procedure every day or week to insure all the nozzles fire correctly?

I dont use roll to rolls latex/solvant printers ect. we only run uv flatbeds.