• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Streaks Around Design

Joanne Kline

Do what Gino said.. but also replace your data communications cable. (USB or CAT5 cable)
This may be a very silly question but have you tried a different file that worked before? Had a quick scan though the replies and you haven’t explicitly stated it’s not only this artwork lol.

Besides that, try switching the USB cable that goes from the computer to the machine, I’ve seen that fix a few issues before and this definitely looks like a data issue.
I tried switching USB cable & I've also tried printing designs that printed perfectly before. Still getting stripes. Eliminated a couple more possibilities though. Thanks!

Joanne Kline

• Turn everything off and reboot it all.
  • Is this a dedicated computer ??
  • How full is your que ??
  • How full is your ripping program ??
  • When's the last time you cleaned house where your software is located ??
The computer is used mainly for printing & embroidery designs & I'm the only one who uses it. I rebooted everything & still getting stripes. The Que was pretty full - deleted several & still have approx. 100 in the que. I thought the ripping program was the designs in the que so not sure how to check that. I haven't cleaned house where software is located. I'm a little scared I'll delete something I need. Any pointers on that would be greatly appreciated & thank you for your suggestions!

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Is it rasterlink you are using? 100 designs seems a lot; try backing up some of the ones you don’t need for now. Clear house there and see if that helps?

Andy_warp

A couple things to try:

-Swap you old ink cartridges back in one channel at a time. One of your new cartridges could have a bad chip...or ink or guck could be on the contacts.

-Reseat the print ribbons at the printhead. Check the contacts for ink or contaminants.

I run a completely different printer but I get this when the data connection to the heads is bad.

The last thing I would check into are the main board or the controller board.
This is worse case scenario.

It's such a frustrating problem! Good luck!

C5 Service&Repair

That is 100% a data issue. If a new USB cable did not help, then the issue is inside the printer. Head cables are misaligned or cracked, the Slider board is going out, or the long ribbons are misaligned or bad.

Joanne Kline

A couple things to try:

-Swap you old ink cartridges back in one channel at a time. One of your new cartridges could have a bad chip...or ink or guck could be on the contacts.

-Reseat the print ribbons at the printhead. Check the contacts for ink or contaminants.

I run a completely different printer but I get this when the data connection to the heads is bad.

The last thing I would check into are the main board or the controller board.
This is worse case scenario.

It's such a frustrating problem! Good luck!
Thanks you! Do you have any pointers on how to reseat the print ribbons? I'm not sure where to start.

Joanne Kline

That is 100% a data issue. If a new USB cable did not help, then the issue is inside the printer. Head cables are misaligned or cracked, the Slider board is going out, or the long ribbons are misaligned or bad.
Thank you! How can I check if the head cables or long ribbons are misaligned or cracked or if slider board is going out? Any tips are greatly appreciated.