• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Stupid and Expensive mistake

Wyatt183

I realize this is a long shot but I’m desperate. I made the mistake of purchasing a 9060 UV flatbed printer from china which as you can guess was a total nightmare from the second they were paid. My point here is I bought the attached printer and it arrived but without the first bit of instructions on how to put it together or any sort of user manual. Being brand new to UV printing I have no idea how to set it up let alone use it. If anyone has these documents for this printer I’d gladly purchase a copy. If that’s not possible does anyone have any idea how I can find these online anywhere? If anyone has any knowledge of this machine I would be ever so grateful!

Attachments

• 2019-10-14_102400.jpg
    2019-10-14_102400.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 573

MikePro

to theyoutubes!
!

edited:crap this wasn't the printer i guess, was way off. still, without a brand name to query, its a start

Last edited:

Greg Kelm

www.cheetaprint.com
Where did you buy it and who sold it to you? What brand of UV inks does it use? I would see if you can find someone in your state distributing them and go talk to them. Worst case, you could take a hit a post it on ebay, let it be someone elses problem.

Wyatt183

Where did you buy it and who sold it to you? What brand of UV inks does it use? I would see if you can find someone in your state distributing them and go talk to them. Worst case, you could take a hit a post it on ebay, let it be someone elses problem.

I purchased it from Shenzhen Inz Tech.Co.,Ltd.....on Alibaba.....the sales guy was Alex King and he turned out to be a total liar and scammer....it really is a long story...but to keep it short Alibaba did help me,although not to the extent I had wished but they did try and currently still trying to get this supplier to provide me the documents they promised, and the Inks and varnish I paid extra for above and beyond the price of the printer....

Last edited:

fresh

I purchased it from Shenzhen Inz Tech.Co.,Ltd.....on Alibaba.....the sales guy was Alex King and he turned out to be a total liar and scammer....it really is a long story...but to keep it short Alibaba did help me,although not to the extent I has wished but they did try and currently still trying to get this supplier to provide me the documents they promised, and the Inks and varnish I paid extra for above and beyond the price of the printer....
did you use a credit card?

Wyatt183

to theyoutubes!
!

edited:crap this wasn't the printer i guess, was way off. still, without a brand name to query, its a start

Thanks Mike...although different I have to assume that for the most part they all operate pretty much the same way....It doesn't have a brand name...These folks are pretty good about sending you short videos of the building process but never any sort of branding. I think the only think that makes this one a bit different is it uses Ricoh GH 2220 print heads...It arrived in two large crates....one the printer the other the base....as for the ink type all I know is UV ink....I paid extra for the inks and varnish but it was never sent along with the documents. I was simply wanting to see if this might be something I would interested in getting into....I purchased a small A3 UV printer and had a blast making gifts for friends and family....

Wyatt183

did you use a credit card?

LOL....I actually tried twice to purchase this printer...the first time the credit card payment wouldn't go through on their end....so nope....did a direct bank transfer. I knew better but did it so I accept that I will lose in this deal....just trying to save my self respect!....NOT!

Wyatt183

I tried that Greg....the only person I could find was out in California....and I'm in Florida....and this guy doesn't sell them...but he too was taken by this supplier....but he again is Chinese and his English made it very difficult for him and I to communicate.

fresh

LOL....I actually tried twice to purchase this printer...the first time the credit card payment wouldn't go through on their end....so nope....did a direct bank transfer. I knew better but did it so I accept that I will lose in this deal....just trying to save my self respect!....NOT!

You might want to try to reverse the charges anyway. Call your bank and see if they can help you. All might not be lost.

Wyatt183

You might want to try to reverse the charges anyway. Call your bank and see if they can help you. All might not be lost.
Sadly I did try that....and the bank actually did try to recall the payment..but those folks over there have it down all in their favor of course. They drag out delivery forever, took over four months to get it delivered, so the banks time period If I remember correctly was 90 days....anyways...thank you for the suggestion.

Wyatt183

to theyoutubes!
!

MIKEPRO.....playing around a bit your video was a huge help....thank you again! Between the docs sent and your video I might actually get this beast up and running! You guys are awesome!

Greg Kelm

www.cheetaprint.com
If you don't know what inks you're using, I would call somebody like nazdar and tell them your situation. When the time comes to refill, you're going to be SOL without being able to get the same inks.

Wyatt183

If you don't know what inks you're using, I would call somebody like nazdar and tell them your situation. When the time comes to refill, you're going to be SOL without being able to get the same inks.

Well that too is where I took it in the backside....I paid extra for two sets of inks and varnish....and as you guessed....didn't get that either....so there is nothing running through it currently. I was talking with an ink company out in California but they appear not to sell UV inks for the Ricoh GH 2220 print heads....I will mention that the supplier did say they "SELL" nazdar inks but didn't say that was what was used with this printer....just implied.

Andy D

Sadly I did try that....and the bank actually did try to recall the payment..but those folks over there have it down all in their favor of course. They drag out delivery forever, took over four months to get it delivered, so the banks time period If I remember correctly was 90 days....anyways...thank you for the suggestion.
My step mother is from China, and she often mentioned that the China used to be all about honor until communism & now you can't trust anything they tell you.

Wyatt183

My step mother is from China, and she often mentioned that the China used to be all about honor until communism & now you can't trust anything they tell you.

Sad..but seems to simply be the world we live in. When i purchased the A3 the company and saleman were amazing. Extremely helpful and always willing to help. The two companies i dealt with to puchase this printer, not the case at all. Promised the world but didnt deliver. Yet another lifes expensive lesson.

ikarasu

Not to crush your dreams. But odds are when you get this printer up and running it's not going to work properly... The ink you bought, if you ever get it is likely the cheapest crap that will flake off any media you use it on.

Never, ever buy a machine like this from another country. Even if everything is 100% perfect... What are you going to do when it breaks down? Most techs wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

They know once it's shipped to you, your SOL. Even if they offered you a refund, it's contingent on you shipping back a 1500lb skid which would cost more than the machine is worth.

All advice is too late for this time, but for next time keep it in mind. Some Chinese products can be great.. But personally I'd never buy a production machine that needed to be up. They're great for toying around with and maybe getting a good deal.

Your best bet would have been to buy a used Machine for slightly more.

Wyatt183

Well much of what you say is true in some ways. The funny thing is nearly every printer of any type has Chinese made components within it. Open the hood of your American made car, you’ll struggle to find parts that don’t have “Made in China” or another country stamped on it.

I will give you the service issue is without a doubt important, and has a huge price tag attached to it, but does it really cost 4 or 5 times more? With that being said I’ve read many posts here of people seeking help with name brand printer’s purchased here in the states and received horrible service. I actually reached out to a couple of name brand printer manufactures questioning their warranties or service contracts and the bottom line was you have to blindly trust what they tell you. Sure we can sue companies in the states much easier than in Europe, but I don’t believe any of us purchase something with that element in mind let alone who wants to go through that.

I did a lot of research on these printers. Nothing huge mind you as far are format, and they all basically have the same components, being that this technology (UV) is huge in China, most advancements are coming from China. Seems we jump onboard and add 4 or 5 times the cost of the machine and stick a brand name on it and ta da!!!

I’m not looking to start a war or a long drawn out conversation about Chinese products. My hope here was to tap into the expert minds of those using this format and obtain some help with what I believe to be a good quality UV printer. And yes for me its pretty much a toy, as I stated earlier, to make personalized things for friends and family. Not interested in starting a business with this thing, heck I’ve retired from one career and nearly finished with a second, so I’m no spring chicken! Saw something interesting, and wanted to try it out. My first UV was a small A3 format and it was so neat the things one could do with it. So I wanted to go a bit bigger. And so I sit taking the info I’ve gathered here, and some I found on my own, and hopefully can have a great time printing all sorts of amazing things.

PS...I did look at used machines, and what guarantees does one have in that? As for the ink....I didn't receive the purchased inks from China, they didn't send it, but I'm pretty sure I have a good grasp on what and where to purchase ink.