• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Stupid and Expensive mistake

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Probably best they didn’t ship the inks. Best finding sellers close by that can supply you ink rather than rely on these guys

Wyatt183

Probably best they didn’t ship the inks. Best finding sellers close by that can supply you ink rather than rely on these guys

Thank you Iprintstuff.....that is exactly my plan although it pisses me off that they ripped me off so easily....sigh!!

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Thank you Iprintstuff.....that is exactly my plan although it pisses me off that they ripped me off so easily....sigh!!

Assuming the price was worth the risk compared to a branded model. Is there still hope you get it up and running cheaper than you’d have paid on a brand model with similar specs?

Wyatt183

Assuming the price was worth the risk compared to a branded model. Is there still hope you get it up and running cheaper than you’d have paid on a brand model with similar specs?

Oh without a doubt.....the saving are huge...even with the additional grey hair this ordeal has created in my life....but again with that being said...that is all dependent on getting up and running and printing perfectly....that I think is going to be a long road. Once that is done, keeping it functioning is a whole different story. But I'm hoping that most parts are generic, as from what Ive seen and learned....they all pretty much function the same way....the print size and the print heads seem to be the biggest difference.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think one member here that could be a big help would be artbot. But it looks like he has not been around much this year.
He built up his own Frankenstein printers from parts and older models to print directly onto sheets of metal (copper, stainless). Did all kinds of stuff printing varnish & stains to do high end lobby artwork. He also had direct experience with ordering a CNC set-up directly from China. Might be worth a shot to PM him to see if he still gets notices from this list.

Wyatt183

I think one member here that could be a big help would be artbot. But it looks like he has not been around much this year.
He built up his own Frankenstein printers from parts and older models to print directly onto sheets of metal (copper, stainless). Did all kinds of stuff printing varnish & stains to do high end lobby artwork. He also had direct experience with ordering a CNC set-up directly from China. Might be worth a shot to PM him to see if he still gets notices from this list.

Thank you very much for the insight. This site has been amazing with the suggestions, advice and those helping with this. Huge thanks!!!!

Troy Owen

I realize this is a long shot but I’m desperate. I made the mistake of purchasing a 9060 UV flatbed printer from china which as you can guess was a total nightmare from the second they were paid. My point here is I bought the attached printer and it arrived but without the first bit of instructions on how to put it together or any sort of user manual. Being brand new to UV printing I have no idea how to set it up let alone use it. If anyone has these documents for this printer I’d gladly purchase a copy. If that’s not possible does anyone have any idea how I can find these online anywhere? If anyone has any knowledge of this machine I would be ever so grateful!

Hi Wyatt,
Same thing happened to me.
I had to stay up late every night for 3 months learning piecemeal from the "Engineer" from China. Over "WhatsAPP".
They screwed the thing up so I had to learn how to fix a lot of it while figuring out how to work the RIP programs.
Mine is a different model but called A1 6090UV. And like you, I got a very poor PDF on the operation and couldn't figure it out.
Can I ask what software you use to run it?

Wyatt183

Hi Wyatt,
Same thing happened to me.
I had to stay up late every night for 3 months learning piecemeal from the "Engineer" from China. Over "WhatsAPP".
They screwed the thing up so I had to learn how to fix a lot of it while figuring out how to work the RIP programs.
Mine is a different model but called A1 6090UV. And like you, I got a very poor PDF on the operation and couldn't figure it out.
Can I ask what software you use to run it?

Thanks Troy, nice to know I wasn't singled out....not that I thought that anyways.....Ive learned a lot going through this venture and learned its very common practice as they seem to know the process to recover any loss is extremely time consuming.

I still don't have this printer put together as its still sits in my garage in two pieces.....but they set UltraPrint and Photoshop as software they wanted used to operate this machine. It's funny that Ultraprint doesnt require a dongle....or at least they didn't send me one if it is needed. They also have no problem providing hacked software as its no big deal! A bit shocking actually that that is normal practice.

Wyatt183

I just noticed they included software called wellprint also....not the first bit of instruction on setup and use for anything from them. I'm guessing that rip software is printer specific or can one purchase a good rip software and set it up for any printer?

Wyatt183

Which A3 printer did you buy, you mentioned you were happy with?

Jburns..i apologize for the delayed reply ..i didnt see your question. Attached is the A3 printer i purchased from Domsem via Aliexpress and it was flawless. Shipped when they promised and it arrived at my frontdoor perfect. Great machine easy to work on. The support was awesome. They would video chat via wechat and when needed we video chatted directly. Great people. The biggest drawback to these smaller machines is they dont have any system in place to keep the white ink stirred so you truly have to print something everyday or be prepared to flush the print head. But id buy another one from these folks. Just a great experience unlike the issue with the Alibaba purchase.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191019-221445_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20191019-221445_AliExpress.jpg
    621.3 KB · Views: 195

Wyatt183

Sadly no.....it still sits as i am completly lost and affraid to mess something up in blindly trying. Im excited to see there might be some hope seeing this reply from you...keeping my fingers crossed!

Wyatt183

The printer a message or two above is not the printer I started this thread about....this is the printer I have absolutely no documentation on from the Chinese seller....if I'm lucky enough to have you speaking about this one...the 9060 printer I will gladly share an email address with you so you can help me and I greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• dimensions.jpg
    dimensions.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 126

Sunney

Why don't you contact any or all of those used FB dealers here at this forum itself, to straighten out your problem. All these FB machines are broadly alike, though diff. brands and no brand. Find a mechanic/ Service engineer, who can help you, on payment. Better
begging with a local Sevice Engr.than going after the elusive seller. Probably the machine is ok, but with no Instruction manuals, well an Engineer can decide it.
AND, please do not meddle with it without knowing the assembling and commission, based on 'some' website instruction, you may endup damaging it !
Be patient and get help an expert help from local people, who can crack the nut in the way it should.

LAST: An American USED piece will be still better than an alien brand new, and if you still want to buy a cheap Chinese machine, GO to China, at any of Sign Show, meet them. There are so many good people and good machines at very cheaper price. Select the HONEST Manufacturer, not an agent.
Wish you will come out of it soon.

Wyatt183

Thank you for the imput.....I have no idea who you are speaking about pertaining to FB....I admit I made a huge mistake "Trusting" from simple chats.....my first experience buying from China was awesome...but that company didn't sell the larger format UV printer so did the best I could to vet the seller....but didnt workout. Such is life....live and learn....I'll either find someone that knows these machines or sell it. But again thank you for your advice.

MikePro

another thought, since you're already in florida, would be to drive out to Orlando for the ISA Expo and pick someone's brain that is repping one of these machines. chances are, they have access to the service/operator's manual for the exact if not similiar make/model.