Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Substrate Stuck on Curing Module Area

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Gio, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Gio

Gio New Member

Jul 2, 2019
    Atlanta, GA
    Hello!

We had a head strike in our HP Latex 360 printer. When we were clearing the substrate out of the printer, we noticed that the vinyl was stuck in the curing/dryer area. There are piece of vinyl stuck there (see pic)

Any tips on how to get this piece completely off? Should we wait until the curing area is completely cold to try to remove it.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    Long nose needle pliers would probably do it. Might even be able to just stick a ruler up there and knock it out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gio

Gio New Member

Jul 2, 2019
    Atlanta, GA
    Thank you! :) We got most of it with a ruler, but now have some pieces that are really stuck there. We are about to try to get the rest of it off with the pliers, and a long blade.

4. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    I would take the curing unit completely off and do some spring cleaning of the vents while I'm at it. But I'm a maniac who likes taking it apart.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gio

Gio New Member

Jul 2, 2019
    Atlanta, GA
    I wish I knew how to take the curing unit off! How often do you clean it?

6. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    About every 6 months or so, which is probably excessive. I suggest doing it when your SMK3 is at 50% and again when changing the kit out. So every 1-2 years depending on how much you run it. The vent holes are tiny and get clogged easily which affects the curing.