• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Substrate Stuck on Curing Module Area

Gio

Hello!

We had a head strike in our HP Latex 360 printer. When we were clearing the substrate out of the printer, we noticed that the vinyl was stuck in the curing/dryer area. There are piece of vinyl stuck there (see pic)

Any tips on how to get this piece completely off? Should we wait until the curing area is completely cold to try to remove it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7065.JPG
    IMG_7065.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 331

bannertime

Long nose needle pliers would probably do it. Might even be able to just stick a ruler up there and knock it out.

• Agree
Reactions: Gio

Gio

Long nose needle pliers would probably do it. Might even be able to just stick a ruler up there and knock it out.
Thank you! :) We got most of it with a ruler, but now have some pieces that are really stuck there. We are about to try to get the rest of it off with the pliers, and a long blade.

Dan360

I would take the curing unit completely off and do some spring cleaning of the vents while I'm at it. But I'm a maniac who likes taking it apart.

• Agree
Reactions: Gio

Gio

I would take the curing unit completely off and do some spring cleaning of the vents while I'm at it. But I'm a maniac who likes taking it apart.
I wish I knew how to take the curing unit off! How often do you clean it?

Dan360

I wish I knew how to take the curing unit off! How often do you clean it?

About every 6 months or so, which is probably excessive. I suggest doing it when your SMK3 is at 50% and again when changing the kit out. So every 1-2 years depending on how much you run it. The vent holes are tiny and get clogged easily which affects the curing.