• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions for a Laminator

TGINC

Love our AGL. Just works. No fuss, no waste. Small jobs, full rolls. Easy to load, flat rollers, heat assist. Built like a tank. Heavy and stable for mounting. Pays for itself in jobs that didn't go into the bin. AGL also has amazing tech support if you need it. And you get full schematics and parts lists so you can maintain the machine if something should (very unlikely) break. Rollers can be re-sleeved domestically. Pneumatic pressure is fast and safe.

What model AGL do you have?

jayhawksigns

We bought a USTech type laminator years ago and haven't had any major issues with it. Not going to say that it is as good as a major brand, but I don't know that it isn't either. I'm sure that when you don't feed in the vinyl straight in any machine that it will get off through a run.

ams

I have a SEAL 54EL which is 54" but it's been amazing after all these years, so easy to use. I recommend that in the 64" series. Don't get anything with heat, most sign shops don't use heat, it's a waste of money, stick with cold only. I paid $5,500 for mine brand new delivered.

jbtwistmywords

Hello, we just got a Kala Laminator Arkane. It is very user friendly, if you have staff turn over it is easy to train on. Take ups turn with the rollers. It has a solid unibody frame style. It is a medium price, but saves a lot of headaches. It has been a SGIA product of the year. We got it through Karl at QMLS. Here is there website: Our Products | Quality Media and Laminating Solutions

JB

studio10

I have GMP EXCELAM-1400COLD/RS and mounted cheap takep system on it. Use it for transfer film mounting and cold laminating. I am satisfied with it. But, maybe you think about Sheild laminator, it is Neolt brand.
Shield Laminator – The ultimate laminator for signmakers

69904.jpg DSC_0003.jpg