• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions on this design

Johnny Best

Yea, we will ride around in the Stupid Truck running over CRAP signs and mailboxes all afternoon. Just throw the empty beer cans and chicken wing bones in the bed of the pickup without even slowing down. Yelling "CRAP" at everyone, cuz we can. Buffalo/Niagara fun for sure with the ddarlakster.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Forget legibility! It's all about conspicuity!

Now you can have both and a marketing plan with well laid out type, the lawyer, website, ads and social media can say 'Just look for the chicken' and the happy hen can hurl hot wings at potential clients...

>This is not an endorsement for KFC Hot Wings<

Attachments

• cluck law.jpeg
    cluck law.jpeg
    331.2 KB · Views: 242

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
missing the obvious point that this used to be a sign for two different places now one knuckle head wants it all for themselves but the sign guy isn't telling him what he needs....

In a trillion years I would never do this. this customer needs to be told that the signs have to be removed and one sign goes back up.

it's not worth the money to make crap.....and breaking up this sign into two signs cuz thats whats there is CRAP

Johnny best - we should hook up one day.....

nah just kidding.....

Well, the customer wanted all that info for when traffic gets backed up and people are sitting there. I tried to make the name bold and clear so your eye could easily pick it out first and everything else thin.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, the customer wanted all that info for when traffic gets backed up and people are sitting there. I tried to make the name bold and clear so your eye could easily pick it out first and everything else thin.

That's no excuse for a poorly layed out sign.

You need to learn your trade better and the rights & wrongs of layout, color and balance. Try having your ducks in a row, before you give into customer's stupid requests. Know how to talk them into what's good for them, not what's easy for you. You were saying somewhere earlier that you get 60% of your quotes. That's good, but this is the reason..... why.

There is no craftsmanship or dignity due anyone who helps litter the countryside with ugly frickin signs...... and then blames it on the cusometers. They don't know any better, that's why they come to you.... for professional advice and workmanship. The rest of the morons go out, buy a printer, then come on s101 and ask how to make their own signs........ or haven't ya noticed ??

Last edited:

Johnny Best

Forget legibility! It's all about conspicuity!

Now you can have both and a marketing plan with well laid out type, the lawyer, website, ads and social media can say 'Just look for the chicken' and the happy hen can hurl hot wings at potential clients...

>This is not an endorsement for KFC Hot Wings<

Well Rick it’s about time you showed us something other than a spec sign that was cloroxed before posting. Good job.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Yea, we will ride around in the Stupid Truck running over CRAP signs and mailboxes all afternoon. Just throw the empty beer cans and chicken wing bones in the bed of the pickup without even slowing down. Yelling "CRAP" at everyone, cuz we can. Buffalo/Niagara fun for sure with the ddarlakster.

WOW....

you really do know me......

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Throwing one more in the mix. I like the look of 6" posts, they look more substantial and permanent to my eye.

Thanks for the suggestion on 6" posts. When using 4's I always thought they looked like toothpicks. I'll give it a shot one this one.