• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

summa d60/u ?

Bunky67

I was offered a d60/u vinyl cutter that I'm told is not working. I realize this is an older unit but I would like to get another unit to back up my US cutter. Is this something worth messing with?
I have heard a lot of good about summa

Techman

mechanically these amchines are very simple. If it is broke it can be repaired easilty

If it is dead motherboard then you are a cooked tom turkey if you spend the several hundred to get it working. You can get a used working machine for les than it costs to repair a dead board.

Pat Whatley

Unless it's bent they are simple machines to troubleshoot and fix. If it's not working I'm willing to bet you it's a power supply issue (I've put two in both of my Summas in the last 10 years) You can use a multi-meter to determine if that's the problem....if it is replacement takes minutes and about $100. if you're really lucky it's just the fuse.