• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa D60

Doug Pulver

how much did you pay for the d60?
i was gonna buy one form the same seller on ebay a while back, but ended up getting a used 30" roland that lasted about 5 months.
i need to get a back up plotter.
i remember they were asking about $1050 at that time.

$795.00 + $68.00 Shipping. Her shipping changes a dollar or two each auction. eBay has a 10%off coupon until the end of October. My total with the coupon was $783.50

N

northshoregraphics

I have a Like new Summa D60 for sale. Purchased in Nov. 05 and used on a few large projects. Been out of the business since and the plotter has been in storage. Located in Central Alabama. $650 plus shipping or pick up.
mannjustin@msn.com
summa.jpg

Jim Doggett

... uses a Blue Light and the SE model uses a Red.

This is a big deal. The red light was designed for use with thermal transfer (no lamination), and doesn't read through lamination as reliably as blue light. If cutting inkjet output, SummaCut-R, Summa S Class and Vinyl Express Q Series / Graphtec FC Cutting Pro series, which all use blue light, are the only way to go.

One day, drum cutters will use a CCD camera as the high-end flatbeds do. It's way faster to shape-recognize than to scan marks. Exponentially faster. (Hey cutter makers! Listening????)

Best,

Jim

ColesCreations

Sorry to go off topic, but:
We cut laminated prints all day with our old Summa T-140, but there are problems that are easily solved.
We have found 2 things that help: Turn off the lights, also helps to put in a higher number in media calibration. Default is 30, we sometimes use 60. I think turning off the lights have the most effect. And Opos still tracks within 0.1 mm. We have used it on reflective vinyl, gloss and matte lam.
It's annoying watching Opos looking for the markers not finding them, when the customer pulls up to pick up the stickers. Then we turned off the lights to make him think we were closed, and voila, it found the markers:Big Laugh