• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa F1612 tools/questions

PrintItBig

Couple of questions (sorry to hijack the thread)...

What is this machine like at cutting things longer than the bed? Say a roller banner for instance? Is there always a slight notch where the machine has cut it in 2 sections?

As above, has anyone used it to cut acrylic with a polished edge using a diamond bit? What are the results like?

Thanks.

CanuckSigns

Couple of questions (sorry to hijack the thread)...

What is this machine like at cutting things longer than the bed? Say a roller banner for instance? Is there always a slight notch where the machine has cut it in 2 sections?

As above, has anyone used it to cut acrylic with a polished edge using a diamond bit? What are the results like?

Thanks.

I can answer your first question, the registration is absolutly perfect when the bed moves, we cut a bunch of 2" wide x 10 foot long vinyl strips the other day and you can't tell where the table advanced at all on the finished product, also the registration to the print was perfect, I mistakenly only allowed about 0.5mm between the edge of the through cut and the print, and it was spot on for the whole 10 feet, no drift at all.

moreausignco

Just wondering what everyone out there is using for tools on the their Summa F-Series cutters? Ours is sitting here in a crate and I'm just trying to round up some last minute items before our training!

We're getting:

-Drag Module
-Tangential Module x2
-Router Module

-Single Edge Cutout tool
-Double Edge Cutout tool
-Heavy Duty Cutout tool

-Is it worth getting the Kiss cutting tool for vinyl? (We already have a Summa S140T)
-Which cutout tool and which creasing tool would you recommend to play around with some packaging/boxes? Not going with the EOT for now unless we find we need it.
-Whats the best tool for cutting coroplast?
-Which router bits do you like best for cutting ACM, acrylic, PVC, etc?
-Did anyone get the wireless remote pack, and is it worth having?
-Does the 0 degree V-cut tool work well for shape cutting foamcore or is another tool better? (aside from EOT)

Thanks guys!

Buy a real Nintendo Wii remote (not an amazon knockoff) and a bluetooth dongle for your PC if it doesn't already have bluetooth. There's your wireless remote. No extra/special hardware needed. Cost me about $125