• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S2 T160 - Can't lower OPOS

lillhannus

Hi all,

My Summa can't lower it´s OPOS-cam and says it is due to the encoder not working properly.

Is there any software solution to this or do I need a new encoder?

Apparently I can't buy just the encoder card. My supplier says I need to buy a new head which I think is bs.

Regards,
Jonas

FrankW

If you really have OPOS-CAM, then the camera will regularly not lowered. If you have regular OPOS X, this sensor will be lowered.

But, could it be that your cutter reports a problem with lowering the tool?

I agree that you need to buy a new head.

lillhannus

If you really have OPOS-CAM, then the camera will regularly not lowered. If you have regular OPOS X, this sensor will be lowered.

Sorry, OPOS X it is.

The tool doesn't lower either.

"Up-down encoder not working" it says

lillhannus

Thought I´d share with you since I fixed the machine last week.
I got tired of it and put it to rest for a while. The service guy wanted to exchange the head and that should have cost me about 2000 USD.
Anyways. I found the monitor in the maintenance menu and from there I could see that there was nothing wrong with the encoder at all.
After some fiddling and sniffing i checked the coil and found that one of the wires was loose. I soldered it back together and now everything works just fine.

jimmmi

Whats the difference between the OPOS-CAM and OPOS-X?

PrintItBig

When we first got our s2 t class we were getting loads of “can’t lower OPOS” messages. The supplier changed the whole head under warranty.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Yeah as far as I’m aware there’s not much to these machines. There’s the head, main board and forward and back motors with built in encoders as far as I’m aware.

just a good chance if anything goes wrong it’ll be an expensive part lol