• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa WinPlot Issue Help

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
WinPlot has stopped talking to our ST2160.

"Could not open Summa Socket Cutter" followed by "Failed to get media size, Failed to open cutter communication port".

Summa Cutter Control is talking to it just fine.

Onxy CutServer is communicating to it just fine and cuts away.

I've reinstalled WinPlot with no change, Rebooted everything with no change.

Connection is Ethernet, matching IPs between Cutter Control and the plotter.

RIP is Windows 10pro with updates off, Ver 1703

Any help would be much appreciated. TIA

FatCat

What is your emulation mode in Summa Cutter control under User Configuration set to? I know we've had some weirdness where it has switched between AUTO and HP/GL and thus causes weird communication issues on our Summa D140. I think we always leave ours set to auto, but once in a while it switches to HP/GL on its own for some reason and then it doesn't work until we switch it back...

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
What is your emulation mode in Summa Cutter control under User Configuration set to? I know we've had some weirdness where it has switched between AUTO and HP/GL and thus causes weird communication issues on our Summa D140. I think we always leave ours set to auto, but once in a while it switches to HP/GL on its own for some reason and then it doesn't work until we switch it back...

Maybe it's this stomach bug or maybe I'm an idiot right now but I don't see where in Cutter Control that is? That you btw!

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Also as a note, when I refresh the connection Ethernet lights up Green then the Green Light goes off in the "Status" section top Right, I've never noticed before whether it normally stays lit up?

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Can anyone tell me if their Status light remains lit up in WinPlot whether it be USB, Ethernet or OposCam?

JP4

I also have weird connection issues with winplot. I have a 10ft cable which they say only have a 6ft cable. But my shop layout does not allow me to have that short of a cable. I would mount a laptop near the cutter but that would insert even more steps in my production process.

autoexebat

Did you ever find a solution for this ? I just got mine brand new today and I have this with the USB .... USB works fine but no communication in cutter control .. If I refresh it , its blinks a few times and goes away ..

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
I would check your port selection in Winplot to make sure you have the correct port selected. You can do the same thing in cutter control and you can either have the program try to automatically detect the communication type or manually assign it. If you have it connected via USB I would ensure you have the latest USB driver installed and the correct port assigned. That should get the communication working between the cutter and cutter control and Winplot as well.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com