• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SUMMACUTD60/WINDOWS10 COMMUNICATION

selina09

HELP NEEDED SUMMACUTD60/WINDOWS10 COMMUNICATION
I PURCHASED A NEW COMPUTER DUE TO MICROSOFT 7 NO LONGER BEING SUPPORTED. NOW WITH THE NEW COMPUTER WINDOWS 10 IT DOES NOT COMMUNICATE WITH MY SUMMACUT D60 CUTTER. IT WAS "FAILED TO OPEN THE COMMUNICATION PORT" AND "COULD NOT OPEN SUMMA SOCKET CUTTER".. I HAVE MULTIPLE TIMES DOWNLOADED THE NEW DRIVER AND UNINSTALLED IT. NOTHING CHANGES. IT CONTINUES TO WORK ON MY OLD COMPUTER WITH THE USD BUT NOT NEW ONE. THE LIGHT ON THE BACK STAYS LIT ON OLD COMPUTER BUT ON NEW ONE, IT FLASHES AND THEN GOES OFF. ANY HELP WITH GETTING THESE GUYS TO COMMUNICATE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

jimdtg

Windows 7 is no longer supported for updates, bugs fixing, but it is still stable OS and you can use it without problem.

wes70

I have an old d60 and run it with win10. I just downloaded the new summa drivers and use FlexiStarter 10 as a bridge program with Coreldraw.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Check your firewall and antivirus settings. They often get in the way of sign software and communications with external devices. Usually you can turn them off for a short time for diagnostic purposes, but for long term, you'll want to add an exception to the security software for you sign software.

Good Luck,

decalman

This reminds me of around ,2004, I had a new Roland 24.... and they discontinued XP. I had to find old XPs for years, because Roland didn't make drivers for Windows 7.
The machine would work with Vista but it was unstable. I had to suffer trying to find XP used laptops . Total drag. I still kind of upset with Roland over this. My new plotter was a Summa d-75. Fills my needs perfectly.

Cordell-Designs

How are you connecting to your cutter? I connect via network cable (there is a small 5 port gigabit switch between my pc and the cutter). Sometimes I get that message and rebooting the cutter fixes it.

All I've ever done is install the Summa software and drivers and everything works fine. I'm on Windows 10 build version 1903 and just cut some decals tonight.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hello Selina09,

This is an easy fix and I can walk you through it if you are still having difficulties. Shoot me an email to philj@airmark.com or you can send me a PM through this site and I will reach out to walk you through it.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

kp77

Hello Selina09,

This is an easy fix and I can walk you through it if you are still having difficulties. Shoot me an email to philj@airmark.com or you can send me a PM through this site and I will reach out to walk you through it.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

I am having the exact same issues as Selina09 . Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

jessign78

Hi,
I am having this issue with an old xp. Just all of a sudden won’t recognize the Summa D60/u. Would you be so kind as to help me out too?
Thanks.