• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Super J-Star Ink? Feedback Please?

Visualrelay

Hello,

Newbie, from Australia.

Recently I travelled to Shanghai APPEX expo (very large show I might add) and saw a "no odor" ink - Labeled "super j-star ink range".

Is anyone currently using this ink in any epson dx4/dx5 printhead based machine?

If so, any feedback on color, runability, cleaning/blockages, etc etc would be most appreciated, as I am very keen on trying this ink myself.

I know they have a j-star ink, and have read posts about that ink, although this is their NEW "super j-star"... I can not find any posts on this...

At the expo, they advertise this ink as:
1) 3 year life
2) no odor
3) ultra high density - less passes on printer, faster speeds

Thank you,
Mark

stillhasdust

I tested them out for a while and the colors came out good and the dry time was fast. The only problem I had was the actual ink cartrige melted in my machine. I had alot of cleapup to do and had to change my ink dampers and caps. I had to switch back to OEM after this happen.

os101king

Not connected to that brand, but I was the staunchest opponent of the OEM inks.. price and availability. Until I switched. Did research and went with ElevenTen. Found plenty of opinions for it and wound up with a hefty repair bill and a week of downtime for my troubles. Never again, OEM only.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Super J-STAR

We Carry Super J-STAR ink which this product is made in Japan. High quality Eco Solvent ink for DX4 and DX5 printhead. We have several customers in California using the same ink from day one. Never change a printhead for the past four years. PM for more information.

The melt cartridge issue was fixed - it was problem with the cartridge company. It runs great. $100 per liter shipping out of California.