• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Supplier for bulk quantities of 3' x 8' decals?

PatWhatley

Have a customer who wants 500 3'x8' decals, two colors on white. We can print them on our latex printers or screen print them but we'd rather sub them out. Anyone know a good wholesaler for something like that?

binki

Everyone mentioned or mentioning themself above is a good choice. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Pat Whatley

Everyone mentioned or mentioning themself above is a good choice. You can't go wrong with any of them.
One of those suppliers cost me a $40,000 a year contract by screwing a project up SO badly the client wouldn't even let me reprint them and give them to them for free. They just cancelled the contract and moved on to the next supplier on their list. We had just purchased my sign shop, bought our big house, had twin boys born and the economy tanked. Losing that contract due to an inept supplier SEVERELY impacted the next four years of my life.

Michael-Nola

I print things. It is very exciting.
Have a customer who wants 500 3'x8' decals, two colors on white. We can print them on our latex printers or screen print them but we'd rather sub them out. Anyone know a good wholesaler for something like that?
Why sub out? If you can screen print you're already beating prices within your most common market. If you don't have screens that size, who cares?? How much of your competition does anyway? You're only talking 14 rolls of material, you could run that in 2 days digitally if you wanted. Ah granted, if you're running latex digital, I can see why you don't consider long digital runs. There's no way to run that kind of volume on those machines. In that case, you could outsource to anyone local with screens that old-school size, or digital machines that are anything but latex.

2B

One of those suppliers cost me a $40,000 a year contract by screwing a project up SO badly the client wouldn't even let me reprint them and give them to them for free. They just cancelled the contract and moved on to the next supplier on their list. We had just purchased my sign shop, bought our big house, had twin boys born and the economy tanked. Losing that contract due to an inept supplier SEVERELY impacted the next four years of my life.

This sounds like a horrible situation and glad you, painfully, worked through it

Please share who it was, PM if that is better

binki

Understood. We just had the same thing happen with a supplier who had been very good although their quality started going down over the last few years. We finally had to switch vendors after a major screwup on a job.

PatWhatley

Why sub out? If you can screen print you're already beating prices within your most common market.
Because screenprinting decal will take much longer than screenprinting coro signs. If we can sub them out to someone we can keep our large presses running coro and make a markup on the decals. We can run them on our digital printers but honestly I don't want to deal with printing 20 rolls of material (there are more decals with this now), laminating 20 rolls of material, cutting down 20 rolls of material, and packing 20 rolls of material. Wholesalers are your friend.