• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

supplier issue

parkedcar

I am not going to mention names unless they do not take care of this, but i just want to get your take on this.
I recently purchased 2 simpo signs from a local supplier. They did not have them in stock but told me they would be drop shipped to me. I ask how much and am told they were something like $41 a piece and i should have them in about a week.
Right after i order, i see the charge on my card of $95.xx. Sounds about right. $80 something for the signs and around $10 or $12 to ship.
I get the signs on time, deliver to the customer and all is well.
Then i notice that the company billed my card and additional $45 2 weeks after i paid! I call and they inform me its the freight fee/ drop ship fee.
I asked to speak with a manager because this is unacceptable. Manager isnt in so i leave a voicemail. Called again today with no luck.
Does that sound right??? How can they charge $45 2 weeks after i placed the order? And to pay a total of $55 (give or take) for shipping?
I feel like i should have been made aware of any outrageous shipping fees when i placed the order. Plus its not my fault they do not stock what they advertise in their catalog.
What would you do in this situation???

royster13

This one of the reasons I like doing business with suppliers that take PayPal.....No possible way they can run any extra charges through...

elsignshop

i think i know who the supplier is cause i had the same crap happen to me and i told them it was the last time i be doing business with them. they charged me $98 dollars on my card and the ink was only $69 dollars, so i was like damn they charged me $29 for shipping. then a week later they charged $12 shipping again. i was like wtf. i called and never got it fixed. sorry if i killed your thread.

parkedcar

Wasn't grimco. And still havent gotten a call back.
The thing is, they did something similar in the beginning of the summer. They fixed it and i gave them a second chance (stupid me).
This will no doubt be the last time i do business with them.

slappy

wow... i've never had an issue with Grimco yet, at least i don't think... but i don't handle the credit card statements either. So i guess i should look into it. Thanks for the head up. I've ordered alot of screen printed reflective parking signs and blank parking signs and other items from them. Guess i should watch out and at the same time check to see if this has occurred to me also.

John Butto

Always ask from now on when they do not have it in stock and have to get it from their Newfoundland office. Grimco never charges me for shipping.

slappy

Wasn't grimco. And still havent gotten a call back.
The thing is, they did something similar in the beginning of the summer. They fixed it and i gave them a second chance (stupid me).
This will no doubt be the last time i do business with them.

pheww
:smile:

please share though. Because this is kinda messed up. I'm sure it's happening to others and they don't even realize it.

SignManiac

Send them a link to this thread and tell them there are 20k members here that may be influenced by the way they handle their mistake...

slappy

Send them a link to this thread and tell them there are 20k members here that may be influenced by the way they handle their mistake...

or you could simply out them and probably have half of the 20k members here looking attheir statments for the "2 week aftercharge" and show up with pitch forks and torches with ya ..

Marlene

I have never had a problem with Grimco. They have always given excellent service.

me too.

have you gotten a call back yet? you are right that you shouldn't have to pay more for items they have for sale but don't have in stock. I've had to have things drop shipped from other companies and it takes a little longer but that is all, no extra charges. good luck. if they don't take care of this, out them and let us know so we don't deal with them