• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suppliers make me angry

Xcesiv

Over the last 2 months I have had 3 or 4 people that want to wrap there own cars. To that I reply that's fine. go nuts.

They have all had a similar story, but this last one has done my head in.

He basically asked for a price for vinyl. He then goes to tell me he got the vinyl for X price and they threw in 2 meters of free carbon fibre wrap vinyl"

I buy a lot of materials month to month. I pay on time every time for 5 years and when I ask for a discount I get told there is no margins and they prices are already great.

This guy goes in, first time contacting the supplier (same supplier as me), gets more vinyl and for cheaper.

Its not right.

Sorry for the rant...

Techman

I would be going to the owner of that supplier and have a lunch meeting. And then find out the truth.

skyhigh

lunch?
Yeah if he's buying. Id be damned if id buy lunch after he Fd me for 5 years. A supplier should be going out of his way to keep his loyal customers happy.....not the other way around.

You need to get a new supplier. Tell the old one to KMA

Mosh

Someone is not telling the whole story. I can't believe a supplier would sell to Joe Schmo off the street one time at a lower cost than a 5 year customer. There has to be more to it, like Joe Schmo is trying to get YOU to lower your price by telling you he got it cheaper.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
That's right. Gotta find the right person. The only matter that sales guy care is the commission from you. The more you pay, the more he fills up his pocket.

Bly

Is he selling to the public at reseller prices?

He might have marked up the end user's vinyl so much he could afford to give him free stuff.

fmg

Stop crying about it, make a transition to another vendor and
Then see how your supplier feels!

Techman

I would be willing to bet dimes to dollars.
The customer lied like a rug. They lie so much their nose should grow.

I wager the client called up and made like a possible new client and got samples. Maybe paid for some samples.. Either way he lied. Liar pants on fire.

Rule #7 of the supplier sign maker relationship.
Never let a client come between you and a supplier.

Craig Sjoquist

I can not laugh hard enough or long enough for this, it is just funny.

Customers will tell you anything .... rule #1 to suit there own needs.

Another reason I enjoy hand lettering using my learned skills with my hands enjoying this craft.

Example ..Today I paid a friend $50 to drive me to a job 4 miles away... Drew, painted, by hand, out of pocket costs, small rollers & a needed quart ... of paint of the 3 colors used up & 2' x 50' of removable vinyl, 6 hrs later on the way home with a full days pay.

Next week will be same. no worries about how much inventory or suppler or if the machine is working or not or a customer freaking out cause some crazy print thing, whatever hassle, art work, problem.

Just skill, Brushes & paint.... Can put it in a back pack, ride my bicycle, create a full day's pay.

Xcesiv

Did it ever occur to you that customers lie?

Ok, the customer has come back and shown me an invoice.

The invoice wasn't from my supplier, its through their biggest competitor.

Same price that I buy my media form, plus the invoice states "sample of carbon fibre vinyl"

The invoice doesn't mention exactly how much carbon he is getting or if its cast car wrap of cheap china stuff.

But he did get the vinyl at the price he mentioned which is exactly the same as what i paid last week for a roll.