• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Supplies Question

mbarden

Got a used Envisions 375 and Edge II. Need to relplace the 45 degree blade in the plotter and order a roll of Oracal printable for the Edge. What blade do I order and what is everyone printing on for general printing. I use 3651G for my SP540V and would like to stick with Oracal.
Thanks Folks
Mike B
Big River Sign Co.

Billct2

You can use any standard vinyl in the Edge. I use Gerber(3M) and Arlon, both cast and calendered.
I have local suppliers for the blades
so I don't know where you can buy them in your area, but plenty of suppliers sell online.

mbarden

Just wondering what the part number for the balde is. I am seeing several on my suppliers web site. Sorry, I should have been more clear as to what i was looking for.
Thanks
Mike B
Big River Sign Co.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i use gerber and fdc vinyls mainly...occasionally for a color match i use neschen or calon...

and sorry, can't help with the part numbers...i tell my supplier when i need blades...and they send....they know what machines i have and which blades to send....makes my life easier...

Jillbeans

I get Gerber Blades from Hyatt's.
I did get the clean cut blades, and they are great, but too short for my 4B. I have to kind of Jerry-rig them into the cutter head.
I can also get them from Gerber or Super Sharp (not that great) from Pioneer Supply Co. in Pittsburgh.
Love....Jill

Molenbeek

The blade you need for the enVision plotter for normal 2-4 mil vinyl is the 45 degree blade. Comes in a pack of 2 - Part # P63679B.

The equivalent Oracal vinyl to use for the Gerber Edge II is 651. It comes in 15" punched format.

mbarden

Thanks much everyone,
Going to fire the Edge upnext week after I move som eequipment around.
Have a good weekend.
Mike B