• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Surgery #15 Comin' Up

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Just got back from appointment with "my" surgeon... at least she's the one who has had me on the table the last 6 out of 14 major surgeries. It's kind of weird having a doctor comfortable enough with you to give you a big hug when they come into the room. I have a hernia on my 14" long incision on my abdomen that has started burning lately. Gotta go back in and put mesh behind the abdominal muscles. I thought it would be a simple deal - back to work in about a week. WRONG! She said I'd be down about a month at least because she detected 2 hernias during the exam. My major complication after surgery is low oxygen saturation in the blood - it's been as low as 52 out of 100 at times. Also, since I'm HIGHLY opioid tolerant, pain mgt is an issue to keep me comfortable while still breathing. All stuff I didn't want to hear.

I'll be getting operated on within a few weeks... only "good" part of it is the Oxycontin script I'll leave with and the legal buzz I'll have for about a month afterwards. Sometimes it's great to be a product of the 70's.

Bly

Good luck with the ops.
I just spent 3 months on the oxies courtesy of a motorbike crash.
The compound broken leg hardly hurt at all - must've been nerve damage - but I took the painkillers cos they are such a nice stone. heh.

Rodi

Be praying for you, and the surgeon and the anestheologist too, for excellence.

surf city

Arlo, last year I had my left hip replaced and was out of work for 3 months. I am still in pain as it is not set correctly and I have to have it re-done and at the same time I have to have my right hip replaced also. Not trying to hijack your thread just relating to the whole surgery ordeal, it certainly isn't fun. I'll be out of work for 3-4 months when I have it done. At least you'll only be out about a month which isn't so bad. Good luck with the surgery and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Replicator

Sorry to hear about your issue Arlo . . . I hope all goes well and you make a speedy recovery.

Even if you're on Oxy :ROFLMAO:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Good luck with a quick, full recovery.
Treat the nursing staff nice and they will pre-heat the bedpans for you...

wayne k
guam usa

OldPaint

know the feelin arlo, iam on a first name basis with my anesthesiologist at the jackson, ms VA HOSPITAL.
i get into the pre-op room, and i ask one of the nurses to notify "dr.z", that joe would like to have him in his O.R. he usually comes in before i get to the O.R. and hes the last person iam talkin to.........when the lights go out.