• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Swabs For Cleaning Ecosolvent Printer Heads

player

I had bought 500 swabs from Swab-Its years ago. I am finally running out of them. I see that the prices from Swab-Its are way up and way more from Swab-Its than I can get what looks like a comparable swab from Amazon. The Amazon swabs are much much cheaper. I am in Canada and the exchange rate makes things 40% more up here.

Anyone recommend a swab? Anyone try the Amazon swabs?

The Swab-Its are $140 CAD for 500, while the Amazon swabs are $58 for 300. The price is not so different, but it will take me years to use 300 swabs let alone 500...

Here is the link to the Amazon.ca swabs I am looking at:
https://www.amazon.ca/Solvent-Clean...+200+pcs+cleaning+swabs&qid=1587479847&sr=8-3

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I've always used swab-its in the past (usually order 2,000 at a time) but after checking again and looking at your link, I'm going to give those amazon ones a shot.
You're right about the exchange rate being brutal, and shipping isn't cheap from Swab-its and we always get hit with brokerage fees and all that crap.

I ordered a pack to try out.
Estimated delivery: May 12 2020 - June 3 2020

letterman7

I've ordered those here in the States and they're fine. I use them from cleaning printheads to primering car door edges.

Marshallmax

I had bought 500 swabs from Swab-Its years ago. I am finally running out of them. I see that the prices from Swab-Its are way up and way more from Swab-Its than I can get what looks like a comparable swab from Amazon. The Amazon swabs are much much cheaper. I am in Canada and the exchange rate makes things 40% more up here.

The Swab-Its are $140 CAD for 500, while the Amazon swabs are $58 for 300. The price is not so different, but it will take me years to use 300 swabs let alone 500...

https://www.amazon.ca/Solvent-Clean...+200+pcs+cleaning+swabs&qid=1587479847&sr=8-3

Ive been using amazon swabs for the past few months now. They’re quite literally the same exact swabs you would be from a print supplier. ZIZNBA 5.11” foam swabs.

E Coloney

Off subject but: We are all conditioned: "...the price is way up for the same unit of merchandise." It's like gold. Gold is gold. Swabs are swabs. Water is water. The commodity doesn't change but the EXCHANGE of currency does. We tend to think of our money as constant in part because the denominations don't change but when the "price goes up" it's because the currency is worth less and in some cases FAR less. We're going to see much more of this as a result of the free wheel 'printing' of money in this corona thing. THAT is the perfect cover for first world governments to debase their currencies simultaneously to lessen the load of their respective public debts. Any inflation is a tax and theft from savers. Savers beware!

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I've always used swab-its in the past (usually order 2,000 at a time) but after checking again and looking at your link, I'm going to give those amazon ones a shot.
You're right about the exchange rate being brutal, and shipping isn't cheap from Swab-its and we always get hit with brokerage fees and all that crap.

I ordered a pack to try out.
Estimated delivery: May 12 2020 - June 3 2020

Update:
Expected delivery: Friday, Apr. 24, 10:30 am to 2:30 pm
(That's better)

neutrinocv

I see on the Amazon site that there are smaller packs available (200 - 100 - 50, pcs) and cheaper but beware that under $35 shipping is not free unless you are "Prime".

CanuckSigns

I see on the Amazon site that there are smaller packs available (200 - 100 - 50, pcs) and cheaper but beware that under $35 shipping is not free unless you are "Prime".

There are people out there who aren't prime members? Do they hang out with bigfoot and the loch Ness monster?

rjssigns

There are people out there who aren't prime members? Do they hang out with bigfoot and the loch Ness monster?

Yeah, about that. I would order intermittently from Amazon, no Prime account and wait to get stuff. Then my wife stopped in my office while I was ordering some tools and said; "Silly, I've had a Prime account for years, use mine."o_O

danno

upload_2020-4-22_9-34-27.png

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I’m from Scotland, I can assure you the Loch Ness Monster has Prime. Just like everybody else.

back on topic, we buy third party inks for our mimaki, the company also sells cleaning fluid, alcohol, swabs etc and it’s MUCH cheaper than the proper stuff. I think the cleaning fluid went from £40 for a 200ml bottle to £20 for a litre. Swabs were about 1/10 of the price for what I’d say we’re better swabs too.

Last edited:

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Try third party ink companies too. Even if you don’t get the ink you can still usually get cleaning fluid, swabs, alcohol and so on

player

I would be careful. There could be unknown issues combining the ink from one company and the cleaner from another.

Last edited:

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Sometimes it can be cheaper to buy and crack open a cleaning cartridge than to buy a cleaning kit (at least that was the case with our Roland).