• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Swabs For Cleaning Ecosolvent Printer Heads

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Off subject but: We are all conditioned: "...the price is way up for the same unit of merchandise." It's like gold. Gold is gold. Swabs are swabs. Water is water. The commodity doesn't change but the EXCHANGE of currency does. We tend to think of our money as constant in part because the denominations don't change but when the "price goes up" it's because the currency is worth less and in some cases FAR less. We're going to see much more of this as a result of the free wheel 'printing' of money in this corona thing. THAT is the perfect cover for first world governments to debase their currencies simultaneously to lessen the load of their respective public debts. Any inflation is a tax and theft from savers. Savers beware!
Don't be a saver... savers won't make $. Be an investor.

okeesignguy

I had bought 500 swabs from Swab-Its years ago. I am finally running out of them. I see that the prices from Swab-Its are way up and way more from Swab-Its than I can get what looks like a comparable swab from Amazon. The Amazon swabs are much much cheaper. I am in Canada and the exchange rate makes things 40% more up here.

Anyone recommend a swab? Anyone try the Amazon swabs?

The Swab-Its are $140 CAD for 500, while the Amazon swabs are $58 for 300. The price is not so different, but it will take me years to use 300 swabs let alone 500...

Here is the link to the Amazon.ca swabs I am looking at:
https://www.amazon.ca/Solvent-Clean...+200+pcs+cleaning+swabs&qid=1587479847&sr=8-3
I just bought 100 from ebay for $12 including shipping...

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Update:
Expected delivery: Friday, Apr. 24, 10:30 am to 2:30 pm
(That's better)

Latest update - order was "damaged" and undeliverable. Seller was supposed to issue refund, they didn't.

I have to say this is probably one of the only times I've ever had an issue buying on Amazon. Sent them an email/rant telling them I want my product or money back. See what they say.

player

Latest update - order was "damaged" and undeliverable. Seller was supposed to issue refund, they didn't.

I have to say this is probably one of the only times I've ever had an issue buying on Amazon. Sent them an email/rant telling them I want my product or money back. See what they say.
I got mine. They are slightly different, but I have yet to use them. The difference may make them slightly better.

Dtron10

Graphic Design/Production
I see on the Amazon site that there are smaller packs available (200 - 100 - 50, pcs) and cheaper but beware that under $35 shipping is not free unless you are "Prime".
I thought it was $25 minimum for free shipping without Prime? But I could be wrong, just what I remember seeing recently

player

I got the off-brand Amazon swabs in and just tried them. I think they are terrible. As soon as the Roland cleaner hits them they blow up like a marshmallow. I just called Amazon for a refund. I guess I will pay full pop for the Swab-Its brand. They swell up too, but not like these ones. I think I might have screwed up the back jets on my black head. I hope not, but the very last ones the test print showed major deflections.

Anyone know if the Swab-Its! quality are available cheaper?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Weird... we have used them with both Océ and Epson cleaning fluids and no expansion.
I have some vague recollection of this happening with some older swabs when we had our Roland VS so I'd suspect their cleaning fluid has an ingredient that other brands don't.