• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

synthetic paper for ecosolvent?

T_K

So, I got a sample of some stuff the guy was calling "synthetic paper". It's a scratch and tear resistant material that feels about as thick as a postcard. A lot of restaurants are starting to use these for menus and such.

These were obviously run on a printing press, but it got me wondering if there's anything like out there for a wide format printer. I'm running a Roland VersaCAMM vs540i, so I'd need something eco-solvent friendly.

I can see the possibility for a wide range of products to offer with this, if I can just find it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Call 973-808-8600 and talk to either Dave or Chris at Graphic Resource Systems LLC..... a Merchant Member, here at s101. I've gotten some from them, but don't have a clue as to what the numbers or brand was.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
DuraSol is a product that springs immediately to mind. Comes in 7, 12, and 18 mil, if I recall.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
So, I got a sample of some stuff the guy was calling "synthetic paper". It's a scratch and tear resistant material that feels about as thick as a postcard. A lot of restaurants are starting to use these for menus and such.

These were obviously run on a printing press, but it got me wondering if there's anything like out there for a wide format printer. I'm running a Roland VersaCAMM vs540i, so I'd need something eco-solvent friendly.

I can see the possibility for a wide range of products to offer with this, if I can just find it.

I have a material that is about 14 Mil that is scratch and tear resistant if your interested in seeing a piece just let me know.

T_K

Call 973-808-8600 and talk to either Dave or Chris at Graphic Resource Systems LLC..... a Merchant Member, here at s101. I've gotten some from them, but don't have a clue as to what the numbers or brand was.

Thanks, I'll give them a call.

DuraSol is a product that springs immediately to mind. Comes in 7, 12, and 18 mil, if I recall.

What I've seen of the DuraSol doesn't appear to have self-adhesive options. Granted, I could always buy a roll of double-sided adhesive, but if I could find something ready to go that would make my life easier.

I have a material that is about 14 Mil that is scratch and tear resistant if your interested in seeing a piece just let me know.

Do you have anything a little thinner? Maybe in the 8-10 mil range? I think 14 would be thicker than we're looking for, but I'm not entirely sure. This is a new type of product for me, so I'm just trying to figure out what's available.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Thanks, I'll give them a call.

What I've seen of the DuraSol doesn't appear to have self-adhesive options. Granted, I could always buy a roll of double-sided adhesive, but if I could find something ready to go that would make my life easier.

Do you have anything a little thinner? Maybe in the 8-10 mil range? I think 14 would be thicker than we're looking for, but I'm not entirely sure. This is a new type of product for me, so I'm just trying to figure out what's available.

I do have an 11 mil, send me your info and I will send you some various swatches to check out.