Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tablecloths

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by PhantomNeon, Sep 12, 2010.

1. PhantomNeon

PhantomNeon Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I have a customer that want a few tablecloths, he wants that looks like fabric, but printed with his logo.
    Someone printed on any fabric material sucessfull before ?
    Thanks in advance.

Mimaki CJV30-160 solvent printer.

Tags:
  2. zigns62

zigns62 Member

Apr 13, 2007
    NV
    What I do is take car wrap cast material and cut the logo out and apply it to the table drape. I go to the fabric store and pick out something soft and flowey like gabardine I tell my clients to wash it by hand, not by machine. I've made three sofar and not one complaint. The 3m material melts right into the material. I figure it's good for three or four shows when they are ready for new infomation on there table drape.

3. bayshorecreations

bayshorecreations Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2007
    NJ
    http://www.creativebanner.com All the way for this kind of thing!
    I have used them in the past for tablecloths and they had good pricing and fast service and a good product.

4. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    i'd say just make a stencil or paintmask and use a roller with fabric ink.

but if you're hard-set on printing it (complicated logo?) i'd say it never hurts to try a sample!
    I've printed on soundproofing material before and the ink dyed the fabric just fine.... but the material kept head-striking because it was too thick and hairy, so I talked the client into mounting the soundproofing material and just draping a mesh banner over it.

5. Sticky Signs

Sticky Signs Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver
    I've done table clothes and runners using RiteMedia Light Cloth. Colors look great on this stuff. It's a little sensitive to wrinkles so I always give the client a tube to roll it on.

6. binki

binki Premium Subscriber

Jul 23, 2007
    The PRC
    We have used apparel vinyl on table throws. You can also get Creative Banner to print them for you.

7. AUTO-FX

AUTO-FX Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    i have done some simple logos with stencils and upholstery & fabric spray cans. used the 70 denier nylon banner material. good for short term.

Attached Files:

8. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    Find a dye-sub printer to sub it out to.

9. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    ditto

10. petrosgraphics

petrosgraphics Member

Feb 24, 2010
    cape cod, ma
    ditto, creative banner... dye-sub never had a problem.......