• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tablets?

Dean Fowell

Ipad2

IPad 2 I can even do a estimate on site and pull up doucments all sorts can view dxf files if i have some custom sinage or misc parts

signmeup

That's what the Mrs. keeps asking ... or even a laptop.
The one I have is running XP. So you can run pretty much anything you want within reason. It's a couple of years old so I suppose the newer ones are even better. I like the keyboard and the nifty built in cover. (covers head with arms)

WildWestDesigns

The one I have is running XP. So you can run pretty much anything you want within reason. It's a couple of years old so I suppose the newer ones are even better. I like the keyboard and the nifty built in cover. (covers head with arms)

Don't knock the netbooks now. I use mine to run my vehicle diagnostic programs. It's great for that.

slipperyfrog

$149 for a 32gb HP Touchpad. Does everything I need for presentations. Have Splashtop with it now and that makes things even better for accessing files on my desktop. It plays flash as well. :)

hydo1

How long have you been using it for? Any complaints? At that price, I might just buy one.

:thankyou:

I haven't checked lately but it might be hard to find at that price still. HP blew these out about a month and a half ago @ $99 and $150 when they left the tablet market.

tanneji

You can't buy the Touchpad anymore ... they are completely sold out forever. HP discontinued them. I have an Acer Iconia A500 and love it. It runs Android and what is unique about this particular model is that it includes a full size usb port for plugging in flash drives, keyboards etc. It also lets me easily stream football games on espn3.com on the weekends when the lady has control of the tv. There are many things I can do with it that I could not with ipad and it is about half the price.

David Wright

You can't buy the Touchpad anymore ... they are completely sold out forever. HP discontinued them. I have an Acer Iconia A500 and love it. It runs Android and what is unique about this particular model is that it includes a full size usb port for plugging in flash drives, keyboards etc. It also lets me easily stream football games on espn3.com on the weekends when the lady has control of the tv. There are many things I can do with it that I could not with ipad and it is about half the price.

Last I checked Iconias ran about $100 cheaper at $400
Hp can still be had on Ebay but you will probably not get any support.

slipperyfrog

I haven't checked lately but it might be hard to find at that price still. HP blew these out about a month and a half ago @ $99 and $150 when they left the tablet market.

Yes it would be tough now. They blew them out as has been said. I grabbed 6 overall. Hey for that price it makes a good book reader or movie player. I am actually pretty happy with the performance and functionality. The bigger screen is great for presentations but honestly I think I would prefer a smaller (handier) unit. I do plan on porting to Android when the port is ready. Mainly for more apps. WebOS on this unit is really good. In some ways it is a shame that alternates to the iPad are not taking different routes on marketing. There are some good products out there.

tanneji

Last I checked Iconias ran about $100 cheaper at $400
Hp can still be had on Ebay but you will probably not get any support.

Yeah MSRP ... but i managed to get mine for 265 after tax from an online store. Not too tough to pay under MSRP for everything but apple these days.

particleman

Acer Iconia 500 here been really happy with it. Bought it the day it came out. Not a fan of apple stuff. If you have an android phone you'll pick up on an android tablet really easy, plus all the google stuff integrates into it really nicely. Overall I wasnt sure if I would be buying into the tablet thing, but I use mine all the time. Apple lovers can say what they want, but I use flash on my iconia all the time too (you can't do flash on ipad/iphone).

buttons

Acer Iconia 500 here been really happy with it. Bought it the day it came out. Not a fan of apple stuff. If you have an android phone you'll pick up on an android tablet really easy, plus all the google stuff integrates into it really nicely. Overall I wasnt sure if I would be buying into the tablet thing, but I use mine all the time. Apple lovers can say what they want, but I use flash on my iconia all the time too (you can't do flash on ipad/iphone).

Yes you can. People need to stop thinking you can't.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skyfire-web-browser/id384941497?mt=8

particleman

That is a web service that streams encoded flash content back in apples format, it is not flash. You can't interact with any of that content which is a big part of flash.

VTSigns

Definitely give the Viewsonic GTablet a look. The stock rom is very weak but you can easily flash a custom rom and by doing this it totally changes the functionality of the tablet. The hardware is awesome but the stock software is horrible until changed. You can pick one up for about $200-$250. I also have an HP Touchpad and it seems to be very similar to an IPad. The stock rom is not good at all IMO. I would be far choose the Viewsonic GTablet over the HP Touchpad.

WDP

ASUS tablet hands down best value at $400...Beats Samsung 10in Tab in specs and value and the ipad without flash is a waste of time.... We use it every day in our worflow...

Sky fire on ipad is WAAAAACK... Its not fluid true flash trust me.

Locals Find!

When choosing a tablet you wanna make sure you have actual access to the android market. A lot of tablet manufacturers are pushing you into third party markets. Which highly restricts your access to apps. The apps in those markets have to pay to be their where the google market is free to participate.

Also, make sure you tablet is running android 3.1 or the new adobe table products won't work when they get released. Currently they only work on Ipads.