• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tail light wraps see thru vinyl

TheProfessor

its either translucent vinyl or that's just how the tail light looks...

(going strictly from the picture) I have an impreza also, but not the WRX. Mine has red tail lights, but based on a very small amount of research the WRX looks like it has mostly clear tail lights. This could also be an aftermarket add-on light though...

(I am also assuming you are talking about the red around the outside of the tail light since I couldnt discern anything else that could be vinyl...)

TheProfessor

Avery and (I think) LG also each have a translucent vinyl series... 3m most likely has a series also, since they have an entire line of tints and films...

grafxxx

ok sweet. that is what i thought it was i have some red transparent i will see how that bends. yeah they sell the kits for the sti's i have a customer that wants me to design tail lights covers and i wanted to make sure it wasn't tint.
thanks for the quick replies
~mike

Sticker Dude

I do alot of these for the import kids
I use avery translucent vinyl
Apply wet and heat gun takes some time but looks great
Did a red 07 z06 corvette yesterday

byt the way there is nothing on that taillight unless it is clear
I use colors smoke grey, red, yellow and ice blue

Last edited:

dbmophead

Yeah i do alot of these, i use oracal 8300 transparent film. you would be surprised how much you can stretch and wrap this stuff. it defiantly take some time to get used to the film and know your limits with it.

Attachments

• tintedlightspicture.jpg
    tintedlightspicture.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 153

steve b

Looks like just a LED tailight in the pic?
I had mine tinted, they used a spray on tint.....Came out great!

steveb

wildside

the original pic is just LED's

tinting the tail lights in kansas gets you a ticket.....and the company who did it a fine.....:rolleyes:

cptcorn

adad
The original photo in the first post is tinted with red translucent/transparent vinyl... The new Subaru s have an all clear taillight housing. This makes it look a billion times better. I doubt any cop would know the difference.

dbmophead

Also forgot to let everyone know that actual window tint will not adhere to plastic so you would have to use a transparent vinyl film on anything like this. Tail lights, Headlights, motorcycle wind screens, etc.