• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Take-up reel

wmshuman

Is anyone still building these homemade take up reels? I would be interested in purchasing one if anyone is up for the job. Also, it would need to be made for a SP300V. Thank you.

MikeD

There was a question about why anyone would want to remove the core from the take-up after printing instead of unwinding it:
Depending on the type of job; decals for example- print the entire roll and then remove it and load it directly onto a laminator or load it onto a plotter. Even though the prints are reverse wound onto a take-up, a good plotter (Summa) can plot all the jobs in reverse.
Those are the 2 reasons I personally like to let the printer's take-up roll the entire run onto a core and then remove the core.

wmshuman

There was a question about why anyone would want to remove the core from the take-up after printing instead of unwinding it:
Depending on the type of job; decals for example- print the entire roll and then remove it and load it directly onto a laminator or load it onto a plotter. Even though the prints are reverse wound onto a take-up, a good plotter (Summa) can plot all the jobs in reverse.
Those are the 2 reasons I personally like to let the printer's take-up roll the entire run onto a core and then remove the core.

Sounds kind of risky if your plotter's tracking isn't 100% perfect (like mine).