• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Taking Bets

Joe Diaz

A customer stopped in. He brought in his logo idea drawn out on a paper plate. He wanted it just like that, and told me what colors he wanted. He's paid for the full logo treatment, and since it didn't take too long to draw up his idea exactly how he wanted it, I thought I would also do something using the same elements and colors. So which one do you think he'll pick?

Walsberg, Marty Construction Logo 1.jpg
Walsberg, Marty Construction Logo 2.jpg

tomence

You forgot to add Pontiac, IL to the bottom one. I think he will go with his own idea eventhou yours is way better.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Neither I bet he brings his wife in!
For once we agree.

I just finished a presentation for a logo just this morning and boiled it down to two variations. Sent it off early today.

He e-mailed back he wants to use them both.
Wha... ??
Yep, one for his site signs and the other for his truck.

I e-mailed him back and asked, did I misunderstand you ??
In 41 years, I really never heard of this. There are those times you can have variations on the same logo, but not different type styles, elements and techniques..... just completely different looks.

Last e-mail said..... well the wife likes them both and....................

Nuff said. :banghead:

Anyway Joe..... you've managed to make both of them appealing. He can't go wrong with either or, but I sure hope he picks door #2 :thumb:

John Butto

Well that first one from his sketch is not in the same class as yours so the odds are going to be high on his. If I bet yours it will not bring in too much money since the odds are almost even. So I will bet on his because that is where the big payout will come from.

Flame

I'm guessing he'll take his original. Just the nature of the beast. Make sure to let us know!!!

SignManiac

He most likely will pick his and then he can tell everyone that he designed it even though if he was smart, he would go with your version...

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Looks like the "M" and "W" are doing the hibbity dibbity... or maybe I'm horny...

Nice to know you have to do crap work too. I was beginning to think you had fun all day!

oh, he should pick yours...

qmr55

I don't have a guess but I wanna know the answer! Make sure to let us know what he decided.

P.s. Fred if you see this, where did the quick reply go??

Marlene

He will take the one he "designed" but will complain and ask for a discount because the flag isn't crunched up like he showed you and the arrows are straight

Joe Diaz

He loved them both. He was super happy and cut a check for the final payment then scheduled his truck and we discussed shirt layouts. He wants to have both designs on disk but so far we only discussed using the 2nd improved design on his trucks, shirts, hats etc. The only change we made was to put the MW flag design above his name and "construction". So all's well the ends well.:thumb:

Joe Diaz

That is one terrible logo, no offense

If you are talking about the first layout.... none taken.

I don't think the 2nd one is terrible though, it does incorporate most of his ideas in the best way I could think up. Is it my favorite logo I've ever seen? No. Is it terrible? No.

Joe Diaz

It's very patriotic!

Nothing wrong with that though. Unless you have a problem with the stars in stripes. Since the vast majority of people in the heartland here are pro USA, I think he'll be safe. It's no worst than picking your favorite sports team's colors, which probably happens more often at our shop. This design happens to include both. American themes, and the local Orange and Blue.:Big Laugh