• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Talk about Avery Film

TheSnowman

You all need to friggin' give up on the Avery whining from years ago.
That's the LAST thing anyone should do. I had some reflective that I now assume was part of their "bad batch" problems when I first got into the business 8 years ago, but I never knew of the issues they had, and assumed I had done something wrong. I ended up going back and redoing it and eating it. Now did I contact Avery? No, so that's my fault, but it seems like I'd have been in the same boat anyway even if I had. Would the vendor have stood behind it, who knows?

Bottom line, if I know a supplier screwed tons of company's in my industry, there is NO WAY I would support them based on that alone, regardless if they came out with a great product 10 years later. They were in the wrong for how they delt with the problems, and they knew full well what they were doing.

I haven't ordered a stitch of Avery since the day I learned of the mess they created, and I never intend to. I say keep whining...everyone should know how they conducted business like Fred said.

Mikeifg

I'll take 3m or Oracal over Avery. Tried supercast this summer on a wrap just to give it a shot. invironment was a customers garage a little warm out and the material melted like butter when it stuck it was hard to get to come off the vehicle to reposition. Same invironment and 3m and oracal did much better. You need more experience than a controlled class, I would get some real world invironment then make your decision, you might be suprised.

neil_se

No love for the Arlon DPF 6000XRP? We've used 3M IJ180CV3 in the past and Avery 1005EZRS more recently but have gone back to Arlon that we were using before that. It conforms to deep recesses very well unlike the 3M and it has a much higher ink limit unlike the Avery.

Not many Oracal suppliers around here so I haven't tried the 3751. My supplier is recommending the HP Cast but of all vinyl types it's hardest to change your wrap to something you don't know.