• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tape question

bayviewsignworks

What does everyone use as far as tape? We use PerfecTear main tape and it tends to curl a lot. We don't control the humidity so that could be a factor but is there "good stuff" and "not so good stuff'?

auto accents sc

We had the same problems and switched to RTape Conform 4075-RLA. We have been very pleased. You can also cut the transfer tape about 1/2" long on the ends and fold under. This helps from lifting on the edges,

Malkin

4075-RLA here as well. Tried several brands over the years and couldn't be happier with thi one.

bayviewsignworks

Thanks guys, we'll order a roll and see how it goes. Also, I didn't say before but on digital graphics when we roll up after taping it tends to buckle or wave and make it hard to apply. Is there a better tape for inkjet digital vinyl w/lam (Oracal 3551 RA and Oracal lam)?

Marlene

3M SCPM-3. I like that it doesn't curl and comes off the core easy. it also is good all the way to the core. I used to use Transfer-rite but found that it near impossible to use all the way to the core. they may have fixed that over the years but it was a big issue when I used it. I was pulling really hard and it ripped and I punched myself in the mouth, that was my last Transfer-rite bought.

Tim Aucoin

Conform AT-60 Clear RLA... switched to this last month... I'll never go back! Little pricier, but well worth the extra few $$$.

phototec

Is $60 a good price for a roll of 30" wide RTape Conform 4075-RLA?

Is $60 a good price for a roll of 30" wide RTape Conform 4075-RLA?

Earl Mich Company is having a ONE day sale today.

Thanks