• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tavern logo and graphic

signmeup

They're nice layouts Jill....but , like you said, I think of beer and fish 'n chips when I think of a tavern.
Hey....... it's almost beer o' clock here!

SignManiac

Here are a few ideas for you to play with. Just quickies but with some tweaking, they could possibly work.

Attachments

• Tavern.jpg
    Tavern.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 92

Pete Moss

Ahh, away from work for hours now and finally think I have the right concept for this job. Fairly simple, yet somewhat swirly and leaf like, but not overly ornate font with simple grape vines growing out of some of the letters. I'm going to have to create or adapt a font for this. I greatly appreciate the push you all have provided on this. I cannot express enough gratitude. I will post the revision next week, hopefully it will merit a couple cudos, at that point, the customer will more than likely choose the design with the clock.

Pete Moss

Hi all here are some new ones for critique...I will be doing one more incorporating an architectural detail taken from the building.

Attachments

• 1201new.jpg
    1201new.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Pete Moss

Thank you both for your time. I like the details on your design logo Day signs. With all due respect Fitch, the picture you proofed looked more patriotic and generic in my eyes. I think most folks on here realize it's authenticity we are striving for. I will post what I'm hoping is the final proof with the architectural details used from the building, soon. I think it will work out well since they are true to the building and incidentally look Italian too. Thanks again folks. I hope this thread does not fizzle out before shes wrapped up.

Pete Moss

This is what I ended up with folks, have at 'er! Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• 1201 tavern emblem.jpg
    1201 tavern emblem.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 129

Marlene

wow wasn't expecting that to be the final image...what happened to all the good ones you were working on? this one kind of reminds me of a grave marker...sorry to be harsh but you had some good starts going on.

signgal

I have to agree with today's comments... I thought post 26 was very promising. I love watching the creative back-and-forth with the seasoned sign folks of this site. It was still a good exercise in what a design can develop into.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The texture on the final product looks like the skin of a dying monster in a grade B movie when the puny humans finally learn how to kill it.