Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TCP-IP and gerber Edge 2

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by rrd, Feb 10, 2020.

1. rrd

rrd Member

Sep 18, 2016
    nm
    Figure since I could never find a solution and only people talking about the Gerber cable, I figure I would post my solution. Picked up an old Edge 2 for cheap to just do some chrome stuff and the whole usb to parallel thing seemed ridiculous. The guy I bought it from gave me the actual Gerber cable but after messing with a that for like 5 hours I gave up on it. So I had a couple of old print servers laying around from old junked Mutohs and decided to give it a try. Tried an SEH at first and got it to print once then things went south. This happened on our Mutoh as well so figured that one was junk. Then I tried a Netgear PS101 and with a few tweaks it works great and every time.
    The biggest thing is making sure you do closed network and making all the ip addresses close together, even the router. It's set up on Win10 with Flexi12 which runs 3 other ink jets. Setting the tcp ip 4 to the desired addresses was is easy to do in the the network Ethernet window, never have to deal with the devise manager. Flexi was simple just selected the tcp option put in the address for the print server that was set in the Netgear setup. A whole lot ranting and whole bunch of reboots did the trick.
    Now I just need to figure how to get rid of all the white dots in the prints and the whole crazy cartridge switching thing.

Tags:
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    Nice- good information. I never thought the Edge 2 would work on a network

3. Ricardo Gonzalez

Ricardo Gonzalez New Member

Jan 23, 2020
    Switzerland
    I failed miserably trying to do that! congratulations and thanks for the explanation. I ended up purchasing an old computer and installed there.

I am also fighting with the machine, its really nice but I did not managed to get good prints yet...specially because of this "shadowing" issue that I have with all the colors except with the gold and the silver. As you are also working with Flexi, it would be good if you can share if you have the same issue

Attached Files:

4. davedavedave

davedavedave Member

Dec 14, 2018
    germany
    im not having my gerber yet, what exactly does this mean? u can print to the edge via network? what is needed?

5. rrd

rrd Member

Sep 18, 2016
    nm
    Network is working great. Prints every time, however my prints suck. I get lines, white spots and jagged edges. Of course I just been blowing thru junk vinyl figuring this thing out. It's probably the vinyl. Been cleaning the head off as directed and also been cleaning off the vinyl off with alcohol as well. The foils I got with the machine are old so that might have something to do with it.
    Also it would be be sweet to be able to load Zeronine and Gerber color palettes in Corel. I have them loaded in Flexi but drawing in Flexi is a bummer. I just don't know where to get them for Corel.

6. rrd

rrd Member

Sep 18, 2016
    nm
    this is my best best print to date.

Attached Files: