• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TCP-IP and gerber Edge 2

rrd

Figure since I could never find a solution and only people talking about the Gerber cable, I figure I would post my solution. Picked up an old Edge 2 for cheap to just do some chrome stuff and the whole usb to parallel thing seemed ridiculous. The guy I bought it from gave me the actual Gerber cable but after messing with a that for like 5 hours I gave up on it. So I had a couple of old print servers laying around from old junked Mutohs and decided to give it a try. Tried an SEH at first and got it to print once then things went south. This happened on our Mutoh as well so figured that one was junk. Then I tried a Netgear PS101 and with a few tweaks it works great and every time.
The biggest thing is making sure you do closed network and making all the ip addresses close together, even the router. It's set up on Win10 with Flexi12 which runs 3 other ink jets. Setting the tcp ip 4 to the desired addresses was is easy to do in the the network Ethernet window, never have to deal with the devise manager. Flexi was simple just selected the tcp option put in the address for the print server that was set in the Netgear setup. A whole lot ranting and whole bunch of reboots did the trick.
Now I just need to figure how to get rid of all the white dots in the prints and the whole crazy cartridge switching thing.

I failed miserably trying to do that! congratulations and thanks for the explanation. I ended up purchasing an old computer and installed there.

I am also fighting with the machine, its really nice but I did not managed to get good prints yet...specially because of this "shadowing" issue that I have with all the colors except with the gold and the silver. As you are also working with Flexi, it would be good if you can share if you have the same issue

Attachments

• IMG-6281.jpg
    IMG-6281.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 322
  • IMG-6280.jpg
    IMG-6280.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 357

rrd

Network is working great. Prints every time, however my prints suck. I get lines, white spots and jagged edges. Of course I just been blowing thru junk vinyl figuring this thing out. It's probably the vinyl. Been cleaning the head off as directed and also been cleaning off the vinyl off with alcohol as well. The foils I got with the machine are old so that might have something to do with it.
Also it would be be sweet to be able to load Zeronine and Gerber color palettes in Corel. I have them loaded in Flexi but drawing in Flexi is a bummer. I just don't know where to get them for Corel.

davedavedave

Figure since I could never find a solution and only people talking about the Gerber cable, I figure I would post my solution. Picked up an old Edge 2 for cheap to just do some chrome stuff and the whole usb to parallel thing seemed ridiculous. The guy I bought it from gave me the actual Gerber cable but after messing with a that for like 5 hours I gave up on it. So I had a couple of old print servers laying around from old junked Mutohs and decided to give it a try. Tried an SEH at first and got it to print once then things went south. This happened on our Mutoh as well so figured that one was junk. Then I tried a Netgear PS101 and with a few tweaks it works great and every time.
The biggest thing is making sure you do closed network and making all the ip addresses close together, even the router. It's set up on Win10 with Flexi12 which runs 3 other ink jets. Setting the tcp ip 4 to the desired addresses was is easy to do in the the network Ethernet window, never have to deal with the devise manager. Flexi was simple just selected the tcp option put in the address for the print server that was set in the Netgear setup. A whole lot ranting and whole bunch of reboots did the trick.
Now I just need to figure how to get rid of all the white dots in the prints and the whole crazy cartridge switching thing.

im a total noob, and i FINALLY ordered a used gerber2 and hs15plus.... could u provide a few more informations on this method im totally new to this from what ive read online ppl having alot of prolbems with serial to usb or parrallel to usb... im planning to have my printer in a other room this way i could print via network and wouldnt need to setup a computer or laptop extra for this room also i wouldnt have to deal with the usb cables lottery... this would be awesome...

netsol

we have EVERY piece of equipment we own networked.
we love the netgear ps101, but hard to find now
the cheap star-tech works great and a lot of the other cheap no name print servers like trend net

we are show offs though. we use intel serial print servers & digi, tcp to usb (i really mean we network everything) even the roland engraving stuff

davedavedave

thx i looked into it,looks like there are also some with wifi wich is perfect for me
i would need one with serial and parallel ( for printer and plotter) but i couldnt find one...

but i just found out the guy im buying my edge from already have usb cables included...
this mean i can take a printerserver with usb probably... i will try out a 2port usb wifi printserver ...
do u know if there are any around and if this will work out? thx

davedavedave

just a quick update...

i manged to get my edge 2 and hs15 plus both working with usb over wifi with flexisign.

thx again for putting me in the right direction!!