• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Teaser piece

SignManiac

Designed and in production of a new Masonic lodge sign that my business partner belongs to. Here's the concept drawing along with the centerpiece compass and square logo. The rest of the sign is coming along nicely. Fluted columns and big shiny gold balls and caps.

Attachments

• mason1.jpg
    mason1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 95
  • mason.jpg
    mason.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 82
  • mason2.jpg
    mason2.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 91

SignManiac

Yadda, yadda, yadda, is secret masonic code. They can't tell anyone outside what it means. Similar to their secret hand shake.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Wow...just, wow.

I assume that it's HDU and gilded?

I would love to see a step by step on this one... (ok, a step by step on anything you produce)...

SignManiac

Wow...just, wow.

I assume that it's HDU and gilded?

I would love to see a step by step on this one... (ok, a step by step on anything you produce)...

Entirely PVC and all Matthews metallic paint with a gloss clear coat. Here are a couple of shots I snapped along the way.

Attachments

• mason3.jpg
    mason3.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 80
  • mason4.jpg
    mason4.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 96

SignManiac

Here's another one in the works. The farm scene is hand painted with 1-shot enamel and then will be digitally printed because we're doing two signs for them. The pictorial is based on their farm in Minnesota and their farm here in florida. They wanted to blend the two farms into one painting.

Attachments

• Homuth-01.jpg
    Homuth-01.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 97
  • homuth-02.jpg
    homuth-02.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 95

Kottwitz-Graphics

Entirely PVC and all Matthews metallic paint with a gloss clear coat. Here are a couple of shots I snapped along the way.

What thickness are you starting with? Is it one piece, or layered? How are you dealing with the movement of the material? Or is the paint sealing it and helping to prevent any warping?

sorry for so many questions, I'm just so inspired by your creativity. ... teach me, Master.

SignManiac

All the layers are cut out separately, then painted, then assembled from bottom to top. Mostly 3/4 and 1/2" material.

Farmboy

Love your attention to detail, even on your proofs. The grass, weeds and dirt weren't really needed, but shows you care.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Love the detail in the dimensional piece... can't wait to see both completed...
:thumb:

SignManiac

Thanks everyone. I always enjoy seeing them come to life in stages. Just wish I'd take more progression pics. Sometimes I'll think of it but most times I'm too busy with other things or being interrupted by the phone, emails, and walk in customers. The day definitely goes by too fast!