• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Template outlines won't print - Illustrator

Border

In the past I've no problems with this so I don't know what I did different to this file but I am trying to print out a proof for the customer but all the hair lines (body outlines) of the vehicle template won't print, even though they show up in the print preview. Tried printing the file to a PDF and the outlines show up in the PDF file but also will not print to paper!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have tried to adjust all the printer setting to the best of my knowledge.:banghead:

Meeting with client in 2 hours and would prefer to not have to tell them to use their imagination to see the vehicle in the layout!

Thanks!

GK

Double click the layer and make sure you have these settings.

Attachments

• layers.jpg
    layers.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 121

Border

I'm using CS2. When I double-click the layer, the only layer options are "show" and "lock". Maybe that changed with CS3?

This template is at 1/20 scale originally. I scaled it up 1000 percent to 50 percent of actual size and that seems to be when I lose the outlines. So I messed with stroke size and found that the outlines show again with a 2 pt stroke. Anything less and the lines only partially show. So I guess that is the "fix". In Signlab and Flexi both, the outlines print just fine, even after scaling up. Maybe there's a scale setting in Illustrator that addresses stroke widths or something to the affect that it's not scaling up all of the appearances?

Anyways, Thanks! At least I can get the proof to look right for the presentation now. :thankyou:

GK

there is, in CS3 its under preferences, dunno bout CS2

Attachments

• preferences.jpg
    preferences.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 101

rdm01

There is a setting that makes the stroke scale with the object. If that is not on, the stroke remains the same size no matter how you scale the object. Both ways have their uses, but in this case you would want it set to scale the stroke with the object so that they are not to thin to print.

Border

Yup, that's it! Trouble is, I had it set that way, but not until AFTER I had scaled the template up..... So......Problem solved.

Thanks again!

:toasting: