• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Terminating forum membership

S

Scottyjr

I've sent numerous emails to signs101@signs101.com asking for information on how I can terminate my membership to Signs101. I have not received any response. I have also searched the various areas of my account for that option but have found none. Can anyone be of help? Thanks.

Bigdawg

Just Me
You didn't PM me... do it and I will delete your account if you wish... all posts remain though just so you know.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Seeing as how you're right down the road from me... aren't you finding this place helpful ?? :help

Weeding through the crap and messy posts is one thing, but the help this place gives is tremendous. I'm sorry to see you wanna leave, and having trouble doing it.... but making it official seems like overkill.

:Oops: Is there anything we could do to make you change your mind ??

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I've sent numerous emails to signs101@signs101.com asking for information on how I can terminate my membership to Signs101. I have not received any response. I have also searched the various areas of my account for that option but have found none. Can anyone be of help? Thanks.

And I have replied to you every time you emailed. Perhaps my replies have been lost in your email filtering. This was my reply:

Hi Robert,

It can be done in any number of ways.

You can simply stop coming to the site. Or we can delete your records. May I ask why you want to terminate?

So to answer your question directly, there is no way for a member to "terminate" their account on their own. Most members who lose interrest in signs 101 simply stop logging in. Deletion of your account must be carried out be an Admin. Further, in as much as any member's records do not contain anything in the way of sensitive information, your privacy is respected at all times, and we do not sell or use that information in any way other than to provide access to Signs 101, there is no benefit to you in having your account deleted.

Requests to have an account deleted are a very rare event here ... only one or two times in the six years Signs 101 has been online. To me they indicate that something has made you very unhappy with Signs 101, so again I ask: Why do you want to terminate?

S

Scottyjr

Thank you for responding to my emails even though I didn't get them. It probably is a problem on my end. I want to terminate for two reasons. The main reason is that I have recently been bombarded with spam. The start of this problem seems to coincide with the time I joined these forums. Yes, the source of the spam could be elsewhere but I gotta' start somewhere and since I have another reason, it makes sense to start here.

The other reason is that often when I'd visit these forums, the responses to some posts seemed to me to be downright unfriendly, harsh, with a 'better than thou' or 'take it or leave it' attitude. This is not the experience I have when I visit other forums associated with my business and where I have membership. I have appreciation for the purpose for this site but due to the atmosphere, it's not someplace I want to be. So since I do not want to participate and it might solve a problem, termination is a good option. - Scotty

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Interesting...

Got some pics?

Attachments

• q1.jpg
    q1.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 98

webguru

Dude, do you need a shot of testosterone or what?
Grow a pair would you!

Seems this is the type of thing he speaks of.

Why make a post that adds nothing to the conversation and only increases your post count? Do you feel better now that you have cast a stone?

Why not just respect this persons wishes as they do not affect you in the slightest?

zmatalucci

Seems this is the type of thing he speaks of.

Why make a post that adds nothing to the conversation and only increases your post count? Do you feel better now that you have cast a stone?

Why not just respect this persons wishes as they do not affect you in the slightest?

Kiss my as-,,, I hate whiners! And what we have here is a sissy who can't take sarcasm.

zmatalucci

no I don't think it's mandatory. But he hasnt contributed any knowledge to this board, so it's the least he could do.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
well, your previous posts alludes to you not wanting anything to do with the OP because he's not a CM...what should that have to do with anything?

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
the guy was asking a simple question and gave his reasons for wanting to be removed from the site....you then decide to issue an attack on the guy because he "needs to grow a set"...

it was uncalled for and rude....

MVIP

I think the S101 motto should be "Welcome to the Family!".

Some nights it's like watching my 4 and 5 year old kids bicker.

If you must go... some times it just doesn't work. I'll tell you though, people aren't always easy to read on message boards. It really has helped me to get out and meet some members. We hosted the NE meet last year and it REALLY helps putting a face and voice to a screen name. Sometimes people are just being sarcastic!

Anyway the thing I love most about this place is your always going to get opinions, albeit not always the ones you want. No sugar coating here!

my 2 cents

And it is cooler to be a CM!! :rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll:
Thanks Fred!!