• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Test Print Looks Terrible Please Help Any Info Appreciated

juniorferg

Hey Guys,
I havent posted in a little while but I need help from the real guys that have dealt with this stuff. I just did a test print because I was getting some banding and my test print came out horrible. It was almost missing in two areas. I was thinking Im short of ink in some areas which I am but it shows up on a few lines and before I gave it a "medium clean" the blue was hardly even there. Anybody had anything like that happen that can give me a little help?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Replicator

1st suggestion would be a thorough cleaning of the capping station and heads and then to do a strong cleaning mode and another test print.

Then see what happens . . . !

Also the chips could be bad in your ink carts and you may be out of some ink . . . Not likely, but a possibility !

juniorferg

Yeah that is half my problem. So many possibilities I need to knock out. Here is what the test prints look like.

Attachments

• P9020441.JPG
    P9020441.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 86
  • P9020442.JPG
    P9020442.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 77

petepaz

if that doesn't work you might need new capping stations
we justhad to replace them in both our rolands
not too bad cost about $23-29 per station
and you can put them in your self

petepaz

last post was before you posted the pics

did you try putting a new magenta cart in
which roland do you have

petepaz

i would just change the magenta first it seems that is the only color you are having a problem with
and i found out from one of my ink suppliers that the capping stations are now a comsumable product and not under warranty by roland any more

juniorferg

Well the caps may be what I need. I've only had this thing for a year or so and I thought it would last a little longer. But what ever I need I gotta get so I guess I'll call my roland rep.

juniorferg

WEIRD! I just did another test print and it came out fine? what the hell?

If I told you I didnt do anything besides hit the clean button again and you saw the difference between the two you would call me nuts since its like the 15 cleaning I did today.

But whatever its good now :).

If the new caps do not fix the issue, you may need to adjust the position of the heads to the capping station. Look to see if the heads are capping in the center of the heads...if not, call your local Roland tech... it takes about 5 minutes to adjust. New caps will not cure the adjustment issue (if needed).