• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Text in Flexi

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Good job, Fred.

The guy was obviously a troll -or at least behaving exactly like one in this thread. He was already skating on thin ice when I made my first response to him. Not very bright either in pursuing troll-like argumentative tactics with the admin of Signs101.

H

HSG

And I liked simple signman's renaissance jester.

Another point to add - not everyone can read well, there are dyslexic people out there. Manuals in particular are difficult for them.

I have allergy and breathing problems in the spring. I was in a well populated public place and had to stop and catch my breath while running uphill to get to my destination on time and a man made it a point to ask me while looking down his nose in a very disgusted voice "do you walk much?". I was stunned. I had thought he was going to ask me if I was o.k.. I'm sure it made his day to feel superior. There are many handicaps out there, physical and mental. I view anyone who uses such negativity to point out other's faults, mistakes, lack of knowlege and difference of opinion as a serious mental handicap. Sooner or later we all have some kind of physical problem and we all have been guilty of not knowing the answer to what seems to be a simple question to everyone else. I guess my point is - think before you type.

And -- gasp -- a deciding factor on the purchase of our new refriderator was how the door opened!!!

HSG

Techman

They don't usually hang around long...

I didnt expect it to take just a few more posts though.... :Big Laugh

I wonder If he will just reregister under a diferent nick.. Death to all Ban evaders.

iSign

I wouldn't say he is not very bright, but he (they?) is too damn bright for his own good. Fred's "superiority" tag line still comes off with the intended humor... but this other guy is so bright he is blinded by his own vastly overblown sense of self & his place in the universe. I can't help but picture some fat pimple-faced genius like that misfit who got caught for writing a computer virus. The lack of comprehension of any need for civility, or the blatent disregard of that need, probably makes him a thorny creature poking into peoples lives just long enough to irritate every other creature he comes in contact with. I feel sorry for the guy & sense a slight loss to humanity that intelligence is wasted on the being he (they) currently have thus engaged .

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Trolls just don't get it that everyone sees them as complete jerks devoid of any kind of value. They hide behind the perceived anonymity of the Internet in the same fashion as anti-social types acting out road rage in traffic.

I, too, wondered if the fellow would simply try to register again under a different nickname. However, isn't it possible to block out a specific IP address or something along those lines to make it more difficult for trolls to connect? I've seen plenty of online gaming software able to do this sort of thing to block out players using cheats.

WVB

I think he goes by another name on another board. His writing style is VERY similar and he is not liked there as well. That is why I like this board. It is actually monitored and maintained like it should be - Thanks Fred....

myronb

I've been involved in a few message boards on defferent topics. It always seems that there are one or two 'simple'tons. I've seen their posts edited or deleted, but this is the first time i've seen one banned! Good Job Fred!