• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The best 100 ways to tell a customer you're not interested

AUTO-FX

"Thanks, but I'm really looking to take my business in a new direction"

"OK, but I'll need full payment in cash to start, and the balance on pick up"

"I've accepted a job offer and I start next week"

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Dear Sir/Madam,
It has come to our attention that our insurance policy will no longer cover any transactions made between our company and a person of your mental capacity. While we can no longer do business with you we can extend the courtesy of directing you to our nearest competitor down the street. As a basement establishment he is fully covered by his mother's homeowners policy and will be able to devote the time needed to service all your Calvin needs.

Custom_Grafx

Dear Sir/Madam,
It has come to our attention that our insurance policy will no longer cover any transactions made between our company and a person of your mental capacity. While we can no longer do business with you we can extend the courtesy of directing you to our nearest competitor down the street. As a basement establishment he is fully covered by his mother's homeowners policy and will be able to devote the time needed to service all your Calvin needs.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::ROFLMAO:

skyhigh

Picking your nose while talking to the customer works. Pull out a big gooey one in front of them, and I bet you wouldn't have to say anything.

Last edited:

"Deposit Please"

I just hired a high school kid that just came out of rehab with no experience whatsoever. He will be excited to work on your project on his first day.

Marlene

#1 "Dickweed Signs specializing in this type of signage", give phone # of local shop you don't like

#2 quote 3 times normal cost of job

#3 "we aren't taking any new customer's right now, thanks for calling, here's the # for Dickweed Signs, give them a call"

#4 "me no like you"

Deaton Design

One customer treated me pretty nasty one time, and the next time he called, I told him I would rather he do business elsewhere for personal reasons on my part.
Since then, he has probably called and left a message ten times. I dont think he got it, or he has made other signpeople mad also.

SignManiac

I got into it once with a gentleman by the name of Mr. Patel. I threatened to call the police if he did not leave immediately because he thought I should do his work at the price he wanted to pay instead of the price I wanted to get. His wife was with him and dragged him out the door when she saw me reaching for the phone!

Custom_Grafx

I got into it once with a gentleman by the name of Mr. Patel. I threatened to call the police if he did not leave immediately because he thought I should do his work at the price he wanted to pay instead of the price I wanted to get. His wife was with him and dragged him out the door when she saw me reaching for the phone!

:blueboy: num num...

AUTO-FX

Oh man, the Patels like to negotiate to the point of intense frustration sometimes! It's in their culture.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Quote them a very long lead time with 100% due at the time of order.

I think sending them to a competetor is the best idea.

JB

signmeup

This is what I use, with no attached text....and thus far it has always been effective at letting them know I am no longer interested in working working with them.
-See attached photo
I've let this slide in the past when you've posted this but that is clearly two pancakes on a bunny's head!

S

SignTech

"sorry I can't help you with your project, I only provide high quality materials and craftsmanship ... and it appears your budget doesn't allow for either"