• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The best 100 ways to tell a customer you're not interested

Border

I've let this slide in the past when you've posted this but that is clearly two pancakes on a bunny's head!

I just laughed out loud....really. And I REALLY needed a good laugh, too. WAY too much serious crap going on lately.

So THANKS!

ps....I fixed it for you!

Attachments

• Bunny-Pancakes.jpg
    Bunny-Pancakes.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 76

d fleming

Patel, liquor store, hotel or haji mart?

"Go away you bother me."
And that's why my wife deals with the general public.

Marlene

I just laughed out loud....really. And I REALLY needed a good laugh, too. WAY too much serious crap going on lately.

So THANKS!

ps....I fixed it for you!

thank you as I too noticed that there were clearly two pancakes on the bunny's head:wink:

Tim Aucoin

Like Rex, the price 'em really, really high method usually works. If it doesn't... then yea for you! Just Friday last week I tried to out-price a lawyer for a pain in the butt scanning job. Took 2 of my staff all day to do, but we billed it out at $2900, so it was actually a win/friggingwin situation! I'll let you guess which win was for whom! :rock-n-roll:

SignManiac

A well known restaurant in town who gained a bad reputation over the past twenty years due to various owners contacted me about some sign work. Well I meet the guy this morning and he is finally changing the name. Good move on his part. He is painting the outside a new color and making a few other cosmetic changes.

Wants to see me about making him an hours sign. I asked about the 4'x 16' wall mounted cabinet sign on the building along with the d.f. 5'x12' pan faces on the pylon sign? He's says that's covered already, another sign company will be doing those. I said what about the logo? He says I have that already done. I said can I see what you have, he says sure. Goes to his truck and pulls out the new logo. I looked at it and said...that's very unfortunate. He asked why is that. I said simply, it was designed by an amateur. His name was on the bottom of the design with a copyright disclaimer.

I apologized and said thank you for seeing me but the design does not meet my standard of work and I could not help him. He said what about my hours sign? I said well I would think the sign company doing all your large work should have no problem making that one too. On that note I said goodbye.

He missed a great opportunity to really improve his image. His food sure better improve is all I have to say.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
You know, I've done the quote higher thing many times before ... almost every time they still go with me. The only one I get that sends them packing is the following:

"well, since what you are requiring is custom art work, there is a $100 art fee, $25 dollar materials fee for the art and then the actual price of the graphics. Also there is a wait time of almost a week or two due to my production schedule for custom art. Are you still interested?"

they almost run out the door.

Custom_Grafx

Had one the other day..

- oh we need this asap... (in 3 days).
- ok, i'll send you the invoice, let me know when you pay the deposit and i'll start right away...

- ooh... umm... i think there are some financial delays... the owner will call you.
- owner calls... oh sorry... yeah... some delays... will call when ready... how long do you need again?

what i'd like to know is... what happened to all that 'urgency'? and what were they intending to do when we asked for money when we finished the job?

i avoided a very bad situation.

tynis

I would be happy to do this for you. My design fee is $100 an hour. The actual production cost will be quoted after we receive final design approval. I am not fast, but I am good. I can start today, and based on your (rough sketch) (description) it should only take me about 2 days to get this completed. We require 50% down. Would you like to pay by credit card or cash?