• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Creepy Customer thread....

Circleville Signs

OK. Just had one of the creepier experiences of my sign making career...

Old guy walks in. Has to be at least 70. Looks like he should be driving a non-descript panel van. Says to me "Listen...I need a banner. I'm thinking a 2'x8'".

I happen to have a 2'x8' up on the wall, so I point to it and say "About that size?"

"Yeah, that looks about right."

So, as we delve into conversation, this old guy is the local president of the Jackie Evancho fan club. For those of you unfamiliar with Jackie Evancho (as I was), she is the TWELVE YEAR OLD who almost won America's Got Talent last year. This old dude travels ALL OVER THE COUNTRY to go see this 12 year old girl sing opera music.

That isn't the super creepy part. This is.

He says "Can we put a picture on the banner?"

Sure, we can do that. "Do you want me to just go to her website and grab a press photo to use?" I asked....

"Well, if you don't mind, I'll just jump on your computer and pull one from my email that I'd like to use."

Ummm.....ok?

Old perv gets on my computer, pulls up his email, and has literally THOUSANDS of pictures of this little 12 year old opera singer all in a file on his yahoo account.

I was so creeped out that I charged him triple for the banner, hoping he'd leave. He didn't. Paid me $240 for the banner.

Now I feel like I need to call this kid's family and warn them that there is a 70 year old creeper following them around the country....

megacab

SO NOW THE QUESTION IS........did you look thru the rest of his emails after he left? or was he smart enough to sign out afterwards?

shakey0818

It does sound a bit creepy,but whats creepier is that it could have been Adetechis dressed up as an old man to steal files from your computer to start another sign business.:ROFLMAO:

Jillbeans

She lives in the next township over from me.
Everyone here (except maybe me) is just as batsh!t crazy about her as that guy is.
Love...Jill
PS
I have lots of creepy customers, told lots of tales about 'em here.

Letterbox Mike

Why don't you have a seat right over there...

Attachments

• 6a00d8341c630a53ef00e55389afb28834-800wi.jpg
    6a00d8341c630a53ef00e55389afb28834-800wi.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 128

Circleville Signs

She lives in the next township over from me.
Everyone here (except maybe me) is just as batsh!t crazy about her as that guy is.
Love...Jill
PS
I have lots of creepy customers, told lots of tales about 'em here.

Yup - this guy is heading to Pittsburgh for her "Homecoming" concert next month. Evidently there is a large group of these weirdos. Only good news is that I made a ridiculous margin on that banner :thankyou:

GoodPeopleFlags

That guy seriously has some mental issues. If I found out someone had hundreds or thousands of pics of my little girl I would have them arrested. There is a law against that, right?

skyhigh

Reminds me of a joke I heard this week:

My girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker...well she's not my girlfriend YET.

That sounds like Rose off of 2 & 1/2 Men. :ROFLMAO:

Circle, that is very creepy. I think I would have disenfected my keyboard after he left (hmmmm why is my mouse so sticky?).

I was so creeped out that I charged him triple for the banner, hoping he'd leave. He didn't. Paid me $240 for the banner.
If $80 is your usual price.....well thats pretty creepy too. :Big Laugh
jk