Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dr is Stumped by a script

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by The Vector Doctor, Jun 14, 2006.

1. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    This is from a sign, so I thought maybe this is a gerber font but I have no catalog to see the whole collection

I cannot seem to locate or ID this one.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. The Vector Doctor

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    BTW, $5 off your next order to whoever can ID this font first. Fred is good, so consider this a speed challenge.

3. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Typo upright ?

4. The Vector Doctor

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    Nope and close does not count

5. kevco

kevco Guest

Ballantines Script ?

6. The Vector Doctor

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    Kevin, you appear to be the winner. Should you decide to order from me, I would be happy to credit you $5 off your order.

7. kevco

kevco Guest

Thanks I was just glad to help. I've seen your work and it is awsome! I try to do most of my own vectorizing so if it's ok with you I'd like to donate the $5 credit to the first signs101 member who needs your wonderful services.:thankyou:

8. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    I'll learn no younger

9. The Vector Doctor

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    OK, here is a question for all of you. I ID fonts all day long as part of recreating logos/signs (mostly by memory or whatthefont.com). Was anyone offended by my offer?

I can ID about 90% of what comes my way, but when you have a photographic memory of fonts sometimes you know you've seen it before but cannot pin the name.

I have seen Ballantines before and own this font, but I could not remember the name.

Would anyone be opposed to my offering up this challenge again? Sometimes it doesn't make economical sense for me to spend 30 minutes looking for a font or jog my memory, when someone else may know it off the top of their head.

I don't have Fred's handy dandy font ID program and whatthefont does not always work.

10. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    do it,, its a nice gesture,, Offended .. never..

11. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Seems like a great gesture and incentive Eric.

12. kevco

kevco Guest

Sounds good to me. You don't have to, we're all here to help one another. It is a great gesture. When I came here about a year ago I couldn't id anything. I was a total noob (still am:tongue: ) but from reading the id forum and trying to help I have learned a lot. I've noticed myself lately naming fonts I recognize on TV, in stores, and other signs around town (is that sad or what) It is amazing what you can learn here if your willing too. I have to admit I used whatthefont to come up with this one. I didn't get first time but after a little photo editing on your jpeg to get the letters to stand out more it came up on the second page of results

13. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

:rolleyes: :thumb:

14. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    Hey Eric, you've helped a lot of us here...no problem in returning a favour.
    Sorry I didn't read your post earlier.
    I'll be sending you another file soon.
    Ken

15. JMDigital

JMDigital Active Member

Oct 15, 2005
    It is a nice thing to do. I agree that we are all here to help its not required that you do that. Besides you allready do the first one for a new client free dont you? I think we can help you out when you get stuck. You have done 2for me that has gotten me out of a jam.

Either way I think you have earned the title "Vector Expert" arround these parts, I must say when I saw that you were stumped I thought you were playing a joke on us! :Big Laugh

16. myronb

myronb Active Member

Jun 15, 2005
    As many times as Eric offers up the correct font ID, I can't imagine anyone would have any problem helping him out!

17. 3CGraphics

3CGraphics Member

May 23, 2004
    ATL Area
    no problem with the offer although if I could have helped I would have for free.

18. sullosau

sullosau Active Member

Sep 8, 2005
    Eric, you couldnt offend anyone if you tried matey!

Love ya work.,

Hey Kev, I like the new avatar too