• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Dr is Stumped by a script

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
This is from a sign, so I thought maybe this is a gerber font but I have no catalog to see the whole collection

I cannot seem to locate or ID this one.

Attachments

• catie.jpg
    catie.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 111

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Kevin, you appear to be the winner. Should you decide to order from me, I would be happy to credit you $5 off your order.

K

kevco

The Vector Doctor said:
Kevin, you appear to be the winner. Should you decide to order from me, I would be happy to credit you $5 off your order.
Thanks I was just glad to help. I've seen your work and it is awsome! I try to do most of my own vectorizing so if it's ok with you I'd like to donate the $5 credit to the first signs101 member who needs your wonderful services.:thankyou:

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
OK, here is a question for all of you. I ID fonts all day long as part of recreating logos/signs (mostly by memory or whatthefont.com). Was anyone offended by my offer?

I can ID about 90% of what comes my way, but when you have a photographic memory of fonts sometimes you know you've seen it before but cannot pin the name.

I have seen Ballantines before and own this font, but I could not remember the name.

Would anyone be opposed to my offering up this challenge again? Sometimes it doesn't make economical sense for me to spend 30 minutes looking for a font or jog my memory, when someone else may know it off the top of their head.

I don't have Fred's handy dandy font ID program and whatthefont does not always work.

K

kevco

Sounds good to me. You don't have to, we're all here to help one another. It is a great gesture. When I came here about a year ago I couldn't id anything. I was a total noob (still am:tongue: ) but from reading the id forum and trying to help I have learned a lot. I've noticed myself lately naming fonts I recognize on TV, in stores, and other signs around town (is that sad or what) It is amazing what you can learn here if your willing too. I have to admit I used whatthefont to come up with this one. I didn't get first time but after a little photo editing on your jpeg to get the letters to stand out more it came up on the second page of results

Ken

Hey Eric, you've helped a lot of us here...no problem in returning a favour.
Sorry I didn't read your post earlier.
I'll be sending you another file soon.
Ken

JMDigital

It is a nice thing to do. I agree that we are all here to help its not required that you do that. Besides you allready do the first one for a new client free dont you? I think we can help you out when you get stuck. You have done 2for me that has gotten me out of a jam.

Either way I think you have earned the title "Vector Expert" arround these parts, I must say when I saw that you were stumped I thought you were playing a joke on us! :Big Laugh

myronb

As many times as Eric offers up the correct font ID, I can't imagine anyone would have any problem helping him out!