• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Flora 4'x8' UV Printer has arrived at GRS

benjakes

Bad advice

With d or h bulbs, vinyl becomes brittle. May work in china though. Nicky, you should say you work for flora. :Oops:

Colorado signs is correct.

Nicky Zhou

PrintLinks
You are right, some of the vinly when heat by UV lamps it becomes brittle, but it is also depends on the inks. We have encounter the issues before, when change to other brand and type UV ink, it works.

I used to work in Flora for five years. :peace!:

With d or h bulbs, vinyl becomes brittle. May work in china though. Nicky, you should say you work for flora. :Oops:

Colorado signs is correct.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Signature Santiago we are no longer selling Flora branded machines. I believe that you have already spoken to Dave and Krista at my office. Mutoh is launching a new 4x8 flatbed at ISA this year and we will be carrying that printer going forward.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Are there any details out on the new Mutoh flatbed yet? I can't find anything

ProColorGraphics Mutoh is waiting until ISA to release all of the specs and I believe it will be shipping around June or July of this year. They are finalizing things like print speed and ink pricing now. It is a 4'x8' true flatbed with LED curing lights. The unit will be using the Richoh Gen5 variable dot heads. It can be setup as CMYK or CMYK + White, I am not sure if there is a varnish option or not. It will ship with SAi's FlexiSIGN & PRINT Mutoh USA Edition 12 as the rip and has a controller software that will actually run the printer. I got a private viewing of the machine back in December in Phoenix and it looks like a great unit.