• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The good reverend is now sending artwork.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
This is the first one of these I've received with artwork. The file is even named banner.jpg

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-06-27 at 7.43.37 AM.png
    Screen shot 2013-06-27 at 7.43.37 AM.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 95

Malkin

My favorite part is that they have no idea that no one in the state is likely to order soccer banners and the word "football" on them....

John Butto

Don't know what you guys are talking about. That Rev Smith is on the up and up. Just gave him my SS and bank #'s and he is going to make me rich. Will be laughing all the way to the bank and I will be telling you guys "I told you so".

JgS

I guess I'm still new. Is the reverend a common scam artist? That looks like just about every email new clients send me. Well, except the soccer balls.

J Hill Designs

I think it sometimes has something to do with the fact that they are in kahootz with shipping companies or something. they probably toss the product

anotherdog

...and they tell you they need the banners in butcrackville in Africa, but they had difficulties with UPS in the past, so here is the number for the shipping company they prefer... You call the company and they say to ship 50 Christ is the lord banners will cost $1500, you go back to the reverend...no problem! just add it to the Bill and charge the credit card. DING, you are $7k in the black and printing banners like there is no tomorrow.
All packaged up you call the shipping company... they need to be paid by cash since they have no relationship with you. You have the money in the bank so you Western Union a money order to "Fake Shipping Company of Senegal" and wait for the truck....and wait.
Three weeks later Mrs. Lip****z of Palm beach gets her credit card statment for $7k worth of Jesus Banners...DING you are out the money incliding the cash you sent to the shipper.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
The most common form of this scam is that it is a stolen credit card for the product purchase. Then hook is you must use their shipping company and prepay the freight WITH YOUR MONEY.

xxtoni

...and they tell you they need the banners in butcrackville in Africa, but they had difficulties with UPS in the past, so here is the number for the shipping company they prefer... You call the company and they say to ship 50 Christ is the lord banners will cost $1500, you go back to the reverend...no problem! just add it to the Bill and charge the credit card. DING, you are $7k in the black and printing banners like there is no tomorrow.
All packaged up you call the shipping company... they need to be paid by cash since they have no relationship with you. You have the money in the bank so you Western Union a money order to "Fake Shipping Company of Senegal" and wait for the truck....and wait.
Three weeks later Mrs. Lip****z of Palm beach gets her credit card statment for $7k worth of Jesus Banners...DING you are out the money incliding the cash you sent to the shipper.

Yea now it all makes sense.

SignManiac

I don't recall how long ago, but there was a sign company who actually fell for it and lost a crapload of money. Hard to believe but they keep finding gullible victims. I guess with seven billion people on the planet, the percentage odds are still pretty good for the thieves...

xxtoni

I don't recall how long ago, but there was a sign company who actually fell for it and lost a crapload of money. Hard to believe but they keep finding gullible victims. I guess with seven billion people on the planet, the percentage odds are still pretty good for the thieves...

Oh sure. These guys are a bit strange though.

Most people wonder why the African prince scam is so obvious and why the scammers don't mix it up a bit to make it look and sound legit. The reason they don't do that is because they WANT it to sound ridiculous and the reason for that is...sending spam is cheap, hiring people is not. They can send hundreds of millions of spam mails for peanuts so what happens if your scam is believable and from those 100 million emails you sent 1 million people reply and ask you a question about the whole thing. You would have to hire a crap load of people to process these guys, who are now basically leads into a conversion, that costs a crapton of money. On the other hand you have this story that nobody who's been online for more than 15 minutes will believe, you want someone who won't ask any questions, you want someone who will first wire the money and only then ask questions but then it's already too late, they already have the money. So basically they're setting the common denominator on the most guidable of internet users.

On a related note, the online scam industry isn't that profitable to be honest. Worldwide it's estimated that it's worth around 100 million per year. Governments and companies spend billions per year fighting spam, so it's not even on par.