• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The "How's Business" thread

I figured that there would be mixed results. Just curious what was a good target number, I know that targets will vary by region and cost of living etc.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Slow all winter, but the phone has been beginning to ring more often. Our work is terribly seasonal (stone engraving, monuments, brick fund raiser projects), but once things do cut loose....it's hold on for dear life.

I've spent a lot of time tweaking the business and marketing plan, and getting things ready for spring.

Whatever you do...don't become complacent during the slow times...complacency kills without any warning. That's the time when you need to be the most diligent.

speedmedia

We have had the best winter ever in 10 years of business, matter of fact our December and January where record months since we have been in business.

We are doing a lot of larger jobs, basically quite taking small jobs and don't doing any signs of any sort anymore, just all digital graphics, vehicle graphics and wraps.

All of the hard works has paid off! We are careful making sure everything that leaves the shop is perfect and we have had some very happy customers! I really think it pays off to spend more time on the larger jobs with larger margins that always mess around with the little jobs with no margins and pushy customers.

Thanks,
Kurt

Fatboy

We are quite busy here in South Africa.This year I want to expand my wholesale printing and buy another printer.:southafrica:

MetroSigns

Thankfully we are balls to the wall busy. We have had record December/January months. Our sports customers, Miami Heat, Dolphins, and Marlins have kept us busy, especially the Heat. The Wine and Food Festival with Food Network is kicking in for February. Our (3) HP 9000s, 5500, and the new Gerber Cat UV we just got have all been running 8-10 hour days and sometimes overnight.

Big ticket deals coming through with Adidas, Kia and HP have also helped. Its busy busy busy here in South Florida. We just had a meeting the other day and were suprised at how many staffers we had: Operator, (6) sales reps, (9) production staff, (6) designers, (1) pre-flight printer guy (thats me), and (3) delivery drivers.

Its craaaaaaaaazy!

petepaz

2009 finished strong but not up to where we want to be. this year so far we are going nuts i have been working 6 days for that last 3 months and may have to start working some 7 day weeks