• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Olympics logo

Colin

So, what do y'all think of the 2012 London Olympics logo? (Google > Images > London 2012 Olympics logo).

I think it is possibly the most hideous thing I've ever seen. Even the lettering "London 2012" that we see in the background of most of the sports is like having toothpicks jabbed into my eyes.

No doubt somebody got paid a pile of money to "develop" this too; and I sense a committee was involved.

carter75

I definitely agree that it could have been a bunch better. Found this on Wikipedia...

There have been two London 2012 logos: one for the bidding process created by Kino Design and a second as the brand for the Games themselves. The former is a ribbon with blue, yellow, black, green and red stripes winding through the text "LONDON 2012," making the shape of the River Thames in East London. The latter, designed by Wolff Olins, was published on 4 June 2007 as a representation of the number 2012, with the Olympic Rings embedded within the zero. Public reaction to the logo in a June 2007 BBC poll was largely negative, with more than 80% of votes giving the logo the lowest possible rating. Several newspapers ran their own logo competitions, displaying alternative submissions from their readers, while several writers from news agencies criticized the logo. A segment of animated footage released at the same time as the logo was reported to trigger seizures in a small number of people with photosensitive epilepsy, and in response, a short segment was removed from the London 2012 website. In February 2011, Iran complained that the logo appeared to spell out the word "Zion" and threatened to boycott the Olympics, but eventually did not boycott.

Sticky Signs

You mean the one where Lisa Simpson is doing "questionable" thing to Bart?

Hahahaha

Attachments

• 2012-olympics-logo-lisa-simpson-giving-bart-head-16566-1259882628-36.jpg
    2012-olympics-logo-lisa-simpson-giving-bart-head-16566-1259882628-36.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 173

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think to get the full awesome effect of the 2012 Olympic logo you have to see it used in context with the official Olympic one eye'd trouser snake/metallic scrotum mascot thing......

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• Olympic mascots symbolism.jpeg
    Olympic mascots symbolism.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 118

gipllc

Sticky Signs said:

Hahahaha

Wow! I haven't laughed that hard in quite a while... Then when I saw it was posted by "sticky signs" I really lost it! Sorry if that's immature, but thought it was hilarious!

I am trying to figure out what that logo is supposed to be; but now every time I look at it I only see Lisa and Bart.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
The logo and type they are using is horrible. The opening ceremony was awful. The olympic flame flower petal thing is equally as hideous. The seats are empty. How did London get this gig anyway?

Baz

Wow! I haven't laughed that hard in quite a while... Then when I saw it was posted by "sticky signs" I really lost it! Sorry if that's immature, but thought it was hilarious!

I am trying to figure out what that logo is supposed to be; but now every time I look at it I only see Lisa and Bart.

You're not the only one! I just about inhaled my beer as i read that post and looked at the picture. To funny!:ROFLMAO:

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I think to get the full awesome effect of the 2012 Olympic logo you have to see it used in context with the official Olympic one eye'd trouser snake/metallic scrotum mascot thing......

wayne k
guam usa

LMAO!!! I forgot about those!

SignosaurusRex

The best part of the whole thing is that Wolff Olins Brand Consultants was paid the equivalent of $628,280.00 for that controversial 5-piece puzzle. The worst part is that it's a train wreck....people can't stop looking at it and talking about.

HulkSmash

So, what do y'all think of the 2012 London Olympics logo? (Google > Images > London 2012 Olympics logo).

I think it is possibly the most hideous thing I've ever seen. Even the lettering "London 2012" that we see in the background of most of the sports is like having toothpicks jabbed into my eyes.

No doubt somebody got paid a pile of money to "develop" this too; and I sense a committee was involved.

800k for the design campaign.

Marlene

I wish they would have posted that logo here as a "what do you think" thread. we would have told them for sure:Big Laugh

it is so horrid and their mascot so creepy that I heard on the news that the merchanise was being sold at a huge discount even before the games started as no one wanted it.

Msrae

Rae
It is most definitely painful to even look at, however the Bart and Lisa Simpson rendition was hilarious. It made my day.

idsignsil

Hahahaha

Did not see this until it was pointed out....that is hilarious! :ROFLMAO:

I also must agree with everything that was said above. My wife and I have been watching, and she is getting tired of me talking about how bad the logo's and all of the other branding look.