• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Olympics logo

Colin

Five minutes work:

Attachments

• LONDON.jpg
    LONDON.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 97

Pat Whatley

Let's remember the important part, the part that should make you think, is why can the agency that did the project get $800,000 for the branding campaign and you struggle to get somebody to pay $250 for a logo design?

Logo and branding may look bad to you (personally I like it all) but the designers are sitting on big sacks of cash and you're not.

Joe Diaz

Let's remember the important part, the part that should make you think, is why can the agency that did the project get $800,000 for the branding campaign and you struggle to get somebody to pay $250 for a logo design?

Logo and branding may look bad to you (personally I like it all) but the designers are sitting on big sacks of cash and you're not.

All that really proves is that the old tale of the emperor and his new clothes is timeless and still applies today.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Pat, if you don't answer your phone enough times and act as if you're busier than all get out, I'm sure you can get those kinda bucks, too. :noway:

It's called the 'Don't Answer Your Phone Syndrome' and you'll be laughing all the way to the bank. :rolleyes:

SD&F

I'm glad I was not the only one who thought it was terrible. I was feeling alone when no one said anything. I feel better now.

Pat Whatley

Pat, if you don't answer your phone enough times and act as if you're busier than all get out, I'm sure you can get those kinda bucks, too. :noway:
It's called the 'Don't Answer Your Phone Syndrome' and you'll be laughing all the way to the bank. :rolleyes:

Have you been hitting the sauce a little early today? :help

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Have you been hitting the sauce a little early today? :help

Nah.......... but with no Addie around anymore and Holy Toledo seems to have vanished.... I have nothing to do. In fact, someone asked me why I was out in the shop so much today. :omg:

Patentagosse

I'd rather see any helvetica-like font instead of the one used for London 2012. 'Can't figure they have been paid that much for that.

*li'l story of my neighborhood:

In my li'l town, the new logo design has been given to a designer from another place instead of encouraging local talents. Our own branding agencies are very creative and do awesome works but they set their choice based on reputation of the other guy because he had designed logos for other cities. You know what? he has charged 2X what locals had quoted. When the whole story was revealed in newspaper, everyone was complaining about the situation and criticized the new design (poor, basic and simply copied from another town... a 30 minute design so to speak) but the administration had already paid the big bills and claimed at was now a closed case. Curiously, the guy has quoted $500 under the limit set by the administration. No one knew the numbers but the "outsider" billed $24 495 while the 2 locals quoted for $12K & $13K (which in my opinion was already well paid for the job). So 2 were head-to-head price-wise while the other cranked out the total at twice the worth and still got the job. No design has been proposed at the time they decided who was going to do it so I think it 's not fair at all... like if someone has pushed the envelop and given some in return... Some think it's prestigious to pay high bills...

bois323

You mean the one where Lisa Simpson is doing "questionable" thing to Bart?

Hahahaha

LMAO!!

I've been looking at it for the last week and couldn't figure out what it was suppose to be. I just now saw that it's actually "2012".

Wow, that's really bad!

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
i actually saw a nutjob conspiracy page somewhere that claimed that the Olympics, and everything else in the world is run by Rothschild.... so the "2012" is actually:

2 = Z
1 = I
0 = O
2 = N

Made me lol a little.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
PS... something i did up when baltimore was thinking about bidding on the olympics, years and years ago. Ah, Balmer, how I love you.

Attachments

• mascawts.jpg
    mascawts.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 92